Nuclear Medicine Technologist
MyHealth Centre is the largest operator of independent diagnostic health facilities in Ontario. More than 15,000 Ontario healthcare providers refer their patients to MyHealth Centre’s 40 accredited locations for OHIP-covered cardiology, imaging, women’s health, telehealth, and sleep diagnostic services.Why join MyHealth? Here are 5 great reasons!1)Accredited Patient Care: We’re Ontario’s only independent diagnostic health facilities that are Accredited with Commendation. This achievement recognizes our continuous effort to provide shorter wait times for patients, faster report turnaround for referring healthcare providers, and the highest standard of infection prevention, cleanliness, safety, and comfort in our facilities. 2)Canada’s Best Managed Companies: For 5 consecutive years, we’ve been selected among Canada’s Best Managed Companies. This is Canada’s leading business awards program, recognizing excellence in private, Canadian-owned companies.3)Great Place to Work: For 5 consecutive years, we’ve been certified as a Great Place to Work due to our congenial work environment, and the high level of pride and trust our team has for their leaders. We believe the quality of our patient care reflects the quality of our team of healthcare professionals.4)Consumer Choice Award: For 4 consecutive years, we’ve won the Consumer Choice Award for best Diagnostic Imaging Clinics in the Greater Toronto Area. The winners are the result of an in-depth consumer evaluation process that involves gathering unbiased consumer opinions, calculated and vetted by some of North America’s leading market research firms. 5)Canada’s Top Growing Companies: The Globe and Mail’s Report on Business has selected MyHealth in their ranking of Canada’s Top Growing Companies. This program celebrates and ranks independent Canadian businesses by the percentage of their revenue growth over three years.
• Ensure patient identification, safety and preparation procedures are correct before starting nuclear
• Ensure relevant patient history is documented.
• Inform supervisor, or designated person, of unusual or abnormal cases.
• Set up and adjust nuclear medicine equipment, maintaining established protocol.
• Monitor supplies and notify supervisor of shortages.
Performance of Nuclear Medicine Procedures:
• Radio pharmaceutical preparation and quality management.
• Bone, brain, thyroid, liver, spleen, hepatobiliary, renal scans and lung.
• I131 thyroid treatments, Bone Densitometry scans.
• Gallium scans, RBC liver/spleen scans.
• Venograms, dacrocystograms and testicular scans.
• Rest and stress MUGA’s.
• Ensure (and monitor) all quality control assessments are performed as required.
• Observe and report all malfunctions in nuclear medicine equipment.
• Follow manufacturer's guidelines for operation, maintenance and minor trouble shooting.
• Sign all required documentation.
• Ensure all abnormal and urgent cases are handled as outlined in departmental guidelines.
• Clean, tidy and disinfect nuclear medicine equipment and change rooms.
• Follow established health and safety procedures.
• Comply with all Company and Government Regulations.
• Maintain continuing CMRTO registration and medical educational requirements necessary for ongoing
• Under direction of the supervisor/clinic manager, assists other staff members when workload is
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Rest and Stress myocardial imaging.
• Current and valid Certificate of Registration with the Association of Medical Radiation Technologists of
the relevant province.
• Knowledge and proficiency in general nuclear medicine procedures
• Maintain current CPR and First Aid certificate.
• Maintain competence in position by attending staff meetings.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, good command of the English language and excellent
• Ability to work varying shifts and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Self-evaluate performance, establish personal objectives and participate in yearly staff performance
MyHealth Centre offers an excellent remuneration package including; competitive wages, medical and dental
benefits, training & development assistance, various corporate discounts, unique benefits, and referral bonuses.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/myhealth-centre
MyHealth Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are
available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
MyHealth Centre is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation for a disability at any stage of
the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources
Interested applicants are requested to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
45 Sheppard Ave Suite 301 Toronto M2N 5W9