Nuclear Medicine Technologist
KMH Cardiology Centres Inc.
The Organization:We are a provider of high quality healthcare with 10 clinics in the GTA and South Western Ontario region. We are committed to providing diagnostic care and imaging that will assist in the early detection of disease, plan patient management and effectively monitor treatment. We support thousands of referring physicians and hospital programs including an exclusive partnership with Sunnybrook Hospital as the Rapid Cardiology Clinic and Heart Failure outpatient center.Our areas of expertise include Nuclear Cardiology, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology Testing, MRI, PET and Specialist services.Our Mission: To set new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and cost effective health care services with a commitment to high quality patient care.We can offer you a great environment with an outstanding team and the opportunity for learning and growth.For more information, please go to www.kmhlabs.com
Are you patient focused Nuclear Medicine Technologist with excellent clinical skills looking for a great environment with an outstanding team?
KMH Cardiology Centres Inc. is recruiting for full-time and part-time Nuclear Medicine Technologists for our KMH Centre of Excellence in Mississauga.
• The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs high quality nuclear medicine diagnostic procedures independently
• Conducts examinations in accordance with CMRITO, MOH, CNSC regulations and KMH's protocols, policies, and procedures and directly reports any issues and complications to Team Lead
• Applies independent judgment and critical thinking during the examination to ensure that all appropriate data is accurately captured
• Preparation, assay and administration of radioactive materials (radiopharmaceuticals) to patients
• Preparing patients to be scanned on the Gamma Cameras. Instructs or aids the patient during the procedure
• Completes the proper equipment maintenance on the medical equipment, medical device and cameras in accordance with department standards
• Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition and ensures the examination rooms are properly supplied, equipped and operational before, during and after each shift
• Ensures that all equipment is well maintained and in good working order and assists in maintaining a current inventory of routine laboratory supplies
• Works with cross functional team and other KMH staff to assist with patient care
• Attends team meetings and updates
• Maintains continuous professional development in Nuclear Medicine through self-study, attending courses or seminars
- 1 year of work experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist is an asset
- Completion of recognized education in Nuclear Medicine
- Knowledge and proficiency of Nuclear Medicine procedures and operating regulations
- Current registration in good standing with CMRITO (College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario) and CAMRT
- Experience with PET is an asset
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
- CPR certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word and Outlook)
- Experience with EMR systems
We are a progressive organization with a team passionate about healthcare. Our team is comprised of clinical, clinical support and business roles with an entrepreneurial approach.
The Nuclear Technologist team takes pride in our training learning focused environment including educational team meetings, case studies rounds, up-to-date imaging protocols and a growing practice with an outstanding group of clinicians.
We are the only IHF facility in Ontario with an official GE partnership.
This is a full-time role scheduled for 5 days per week during week days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) and alternate weekends.
Shifts can vary and are typically scheduled during these hours:
6.45 a.m.-2.45 p.m.
9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m.
Part-Time shifts are also available.
The role reports to the Nuclear Team Lead and is part of a team of 14 Technologists.
We offer a total compensation package including a competitive rate, a comprehensive benefits program, Work Perks, RRSP, Let’s Move program wellness initiatives and the opportunity for growth.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to apply for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for an initial virtual interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required.
Follow us on https://ca.linkedin.com/company/kmhcardiologycentres
Vice President, Talent and Human Resources
2075 Hadwen Rd, Mississauga, ON