London Health Sciences Centre
London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) is a world-class academic health sciences centre located in the southwestern Ontario city of London. Just two hours from Toronto and two hours from Detroit, London features a beautiful and walkable downtown core located on the Thames River, a vibrant culinary scene and scores of activities that highlight local arts, culture and music. As one of Canada’s largest hospitals, LHSC is a world-class innovator in clinical care, research and teaching, delivering both local and regional services, including the Children’s Hospital, within a large geographic area. LHSC has a workforce of close to 15,000, dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care while working together to shape the future of health.London Regional Cancer Program (LRCP) is a world-class cancer care facility which has provided the highest quality care to patients and their families from across the region of Southwestern Ontario for more than 50 years. Our centre has a large catchment which includes the counties of Middlesex/London, Elgin, Oxford, Perth, Huron, Grey, Bruce, Lambton and Kent. LRCP is a program of London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) and is a teaching, research and health-care facility that offers many exciting career opportunities in a variety of areas. We pride ourselves in providing a positive work experience and memorable career development opportunities to all staff.LRCP is a world-class cancer care facility with 8 Linear Accelerators-2 of which are fitted with Vision RT. Our centre operates with 2 CT Simulators, an Orthovoltage unit, a Tomotherapy unit and a Brachytherapy Program that treats the highest patient volumes in the province. Located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario, LRCP is an integral part of London. We are known throughout the region for exceptional programs and services for patients, families, visitors and staff. We are committed to fostering an environment of care, compassion and learning.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing accurate radiation treatment delivery and treatment planning according to the Radiation Oncologist’s prescription. These patient-focused positions require a high degree of teamwork. Rotations occur through various areas of the department.
• Graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Program
• Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
• Membership in the CAMRT, preferred
• Caring professional who can integrate quickly and easily into the department
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
• Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis.
• Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step).
• Completed COVID vaccine series (two vaccines).
Regular Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week
$35.63 per hour - $48.34 per hour
Interested applicants can apply directly to LHSC Careers Website at https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gay Marie Briones
519-685-8500 ext. 31770
Job Posting Link