Southlake Regional Health Centre
The Cancer Centre operating hours are 0700-2000. Shifts are scheduled within these hours based on operational needs.
The purpose of a Radiation Therapist is to provide safe, timely and accurate simulation, planning and delivery of radiation therapy treatment as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. In addition, Radiation Therapists are expected to educate patients on potential treatment related toxicities and their management and respond appropriately to the varying needs of each patient through co-ordination of care with other health professionals.
Radiation Therapists may participate in one or more of a range of activities based on operational need of the department, which together encompass the full extent of their professional training. Activities may include but not be limited to: treatment planning, treatment delivery, patient care, patient immobilization and positioning, imaging, quality assurance, clinical education, clinical applications, and research. All radiation therapists are expected to contribute to the teaching/training of students and peers.
Radiation Therapists are required to practice in accordance with provincial professional standards of practice and legislated regulations. Contribution to a high standard of care will be measured through knowledge and utilization of departmental protocols and professional standards of practice.
Radiation Therapists are expected to ensure safe, timely and accurate delivery of radiation therapy to patients.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• 2 years clinical experience preferred.
• Good computer skills.
• Good time management and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Innovative and willing to learn.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated problem assessment skills
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
• Demonstrated individual leadership skills
• Graduate of recognized Radiation Therapy Training Program.
• Current registration with CMRTO and CAMRT.
• Current CPR certification.
Type of Job
Shifts can occur M-F, shifts between 7am-8pm
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Job Posting Link