Halton Healthcare -Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
Halton Healthcare is a healthcare organization comprised ofthree exemplary community hospitals - Georgetown Hospital, Milton District Hospital and Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital. Together, these hospitals provide healthcare servicesto more than 325,000 residents in the communities of HaltonHills, Milton, and Oakville. Halton Healthcare hospitals havebeen recognized for their best practices in a number of patient safety and patient care initiatives.Reflecting the dynamic communities we serve, we takepride in offering some of the finest technology andhealthcare expertise available in southwestern Ontario
Oakville Trafalgar Hospital and 461 North Service Road West
To assess and treat foot conditions in a clinic setting. One clinic is located onsite at the hospital and the other is offsite.
To contribute to creating a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and others, working in compliance with the hospital code of conduct and the provisions of health and safety policies and legislation. Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and report hazards.
This is what you'll be doing:
• Assess and treat foot conditions. Treatment consists of patient education (both individual and group), foot and nail care, wound management, custom orthotics, nail surgery, compression stockings and provision of foot care products and orthopedic/comfort footwear.
• Function as a collaborative member of the department team which consists of Chiropodists, Registered Practical Nurses, Shoe Fitter, Manager and Office Administrators to provide a quality customer focused service and a successful revenue generating department.
• Demonstrated competency in chosen profession; consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice and hospital-based standards
• Demonstrated patient and consumer focus; makes a commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all internal and external customers
• Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved in patient care is valuable
• Demonstrated strong communicator; listen for clarity and meaning, and to speak in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation
• Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every coworker, patient or family member with understanding and kindness and hold in high regard and respond appropriately to the needs of self and others
• Demonstrated fiscal responsibility; to model a sound understanding of, and work within, the financial boundaries of Halton Healthcare funding
• Date Posted: March 9, 2017
Please submit your application to:”
Catriona Franc, Manager Business Development, Halton Healthcare
Halton Healthcare is committed to providing accommodations [for people with disabilities]. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Halton Healthcare Services is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
• Recognized diploma in Chiropody required
Current registration with and member in good standing of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Experience in providing clinical care, particularly to the elderly
• Customer service experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential for medical reports and educational and promotional activities
• Marketing experience would be an asset
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to effectively interact within a multi-disciplinary team
• Sound problem solving skills
• Flexible to meet changing department/service needs
• Must have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel within Halton and surrounding areas as necessary
• Able to meet the physical demands of the position
• Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Start date as early as May 1st, up until May 20th
Manager Business Development
905-845-2571 Extention 6488