Registered Respiratory Therapist
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA & AJAX/PICKERING (Primary site LHO)
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced Registered Respiratory Therapist to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Respiratory Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Manager, Critical Care/Respiratory Services, the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) will be responsible for: providing respiratory care; documenting all aspects of care; performing diagnostic testing; maintaining equipment; participating in quality assurance activities; and ensuring continuing education; maintaining competence and professionalism relevant to current practice as a member of an interdisciplinary team; and other duties as assigned.
* Diploma in Respiratory Therapy;
* Current registration with the College of Respiratory Therapy of Ontario;
* Current B.C.L.S., Ontario Heart Foundation Standards;
* Demonstrated to be an extremely motivated individual, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment;
* Proven problem solving and teaching skills;
* Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet workload requirements;
* Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Proven sound judgement and good observation skills;
* Previous clinical experience, an asset;
* Advanced educational preparation, an asset;
* PALS and ACLS, preferred;
* Must have satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME & REGULAR PART-TIME, DAYS/NIGHTS; WEEKEND SCHEDULE; 12 HOUR SHIFTS (Subject to change)
$32.43 - 44.78 per hour
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and OPSEU Local 348.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome all qualified to submit an application and/or email resume directly to email@example.com
Job Posting Link