Registered Respiratory Therapist
MagGas Medical Inc.
MagGas Medical is a proud Canadian owned respiratory care company that is dedicated to helping our customers with home oxygen and sleep therapy.Founded in 1995, MagGas Medical has been dedicated to developing focused patient care in the growing and therapeutic fields of Home Oxygen Therapy and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. We concentrate on creating individual patient care plans and incorporating cutting edge respiratory equipment.At MagGas you will join our talented and energetic team to play an essential role in providing quality support and patient centered care. As a valuable team member, you will play an integral role in continuing the success of community respiratory care.MagGas is currently taking applications for a Full Time Registered Respiratory Therapist in Ontario.MagGas Medical is growing at a rapid pace and is seeking an experienced, full time Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). The successful Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for monitoring, assessment, providing treatment and education to patients and maintaining regular communication with the ADP and healthcare professionals. This position will specialize mainly in respiratory home oxygen.As a team member, they will play an integral role in continuing the success of community respiratory care including PAP, oxygen, and complex care practices while maintaining safe healthcare practices and following Health Canada guidelines for COVID protocols.MagGas Medical has detailed COVID-19 policy and procedures. We take the safety of our staff and patients very seriously.
• Perform in home oxygen assessments for patients (such as oximetry and arterial blood gasses)
• Create respiratory reports
• Maintain regular communication with health care professionals; verbally and in writing
• Maintain regular communication with government entities, such as The Assistive Devices Program (ADP); verbally and in writing
• Perform home oxygen set-ups.
• Provide training and education on proper and safe handling of home oxygen equipment.
• Provide patient care and clinical support
• Provide patients with education on respiratory diseases
• Maintain regular phone communication (trouble shooting and education) with patients, families and caregivers
• In home and in hospital PAP set ups.
• Provide patient training and education
• Fill home oxygen applications to the ADP
• Maintain good relations with all current patients
• Deliver various home oxygen equipment and various sized gas cylinders to patients.
• Carry related equipment to patients.
• Maintain personal education in up to date PAP therapy products and supplies
• Maintain personal education in up to date Home oxygen therapy products and supplies
• Drive to and from prospective/current patients
• Maintain good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapist of Ontario (CRTO)
• Travel and work from various MagGas Medical Homecare locations
• Perform long distance driving for extended periods of time
• Follow MagGas Medical guidelines and policies for infection preventions and control
• Support the MagGas Medical Homecare staff as needed
• Maintain availability after hours, weekends and statutory holidays as needed
• Familiarize oneself with the internal CRM systems of MagGas Medical
• The person in this position will work in proximity of dangerous goods, specifically high-pressurized gas containers and other equipment.
• Certificate of Registry from the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists - R.R.T., Certification by a provincial association
• Completion of college (CRTO) / CEGEP / vocational or technical training
• Member in good standing of C.S.R.T. and R.T.S.O. an asset
• Homecare work experience an asset
• NICU and L&D experience an asset
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Able to work independently and as part of the interprofessional team.
• Computer literacy in Windows and Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrates behaviors consistent with MagGas Medical Inc. values
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job
• Valid driver license and a vehicle available
• Physical ability to lift to 31lbs.
MagGas Medical Inc.
154 Norfinch Drive Unit 1, Toronto, Ontario, M3N 1X6