Registered Respiratory Therapist or a Registered Nurse
Medigas Praxair Canada
At Medigas, the healthcare division of Linde Canada, Inc., you’ll join talented and diverse people throughout Canada, all working hard to make a difference in our client’s lives and make our organization successful. You will work to support, develop and implement challenging and meaningful client-focused programs and you will be trusted to take on responsibility early in your career. Our employees’ contributions are valuable to our company, our clients, our communities and our shareholders.
Since the late 1960s, Medigas has been a leader in serving the Canadian healthcare market with the provision of home oxygen therapy, respiratory services, medical gases and related medical equipment. Everything we do is born out of our commitment to help people live better lives and to support the medical professionals who make it all possible.
Linde Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
• Clinical liaison to leading pediatric Toronto hospital supporting education and discharge
• Provide in-hospital education and expertise to patients and their families
• Work in close contact with Medigas and hospital team members to identify best clinical means and modalities for at-home therapy
• Initiate and monitor of prescribed respiratory therapy in clients’ homes including assessments, education, documentation and follow up to ensure equipment performance and client compliance with therapy
• Delivery and exchange of equipment that may include heavy lifting of equipment up to 60lbs
• In office consultations with sleep and oxygen clients
• Conduct respiratory equipment in-service training with various community partners
• Promotion of products and services to referral sources.
• Build and maintain high quality client and referral relationships
• Perform all job duties in compliance with Safety standards
• Support in the training and development of new employees as needed
• Participate in a regular on-call rotation
• Registered Respiratory Therapist or a Registered Nurse with current registration
• Homecare, Hospital, or sales experience an asset
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Attention to detail and results oriented
• Able to work under pressure and have strong sense of urgency
• Must possess commitment to client and personal safety
• Maintain client confidentiality
• Clear Driving record/abstract
• Proof of full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus is required for this role. Fully vaccinated means having received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), for example:
a) The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines
b) One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, or followed by one dose of a COVID-19mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or
c) Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada
AND a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada if eligible for a third dose.
What we have to offer:
• Stable schedule (Day shift from Monday to Friday)
• Company provided vehicle
• Guaranteed Statutory Holidays
• Competitive salary
• Paid vacation
• Generous Pension Plan
• Flexible group insurance with flex $$$$
• Education assistance program
• Employee assistance program (including assistance for family members)
• Online learning and development portal
Applicants are to send resumes and adjoining cover letter to:
Medigas Praxair Canada Inc. (homecare)
385 Bently St, Markham,
ON L3R 9T2