Registered Technologist – CT
Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals – Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital – each have a full-service emergency department, core services and specialized services to provide you with the care you need. Our Woman and Child, Inpatient Mental Health and Inpatient Integrated Stroke programs are available to the community at Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital. An extensive range of outpatient clinics, chronic kidney disease care, complex continuing care and rehabilitation are available at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Our community-based locations and services continue to provide additional support to western York Region.
Coordinates and participates in all Computerized Tomography scanning procedures, producing excellent quality radiographs. Responsible for efficient and safe operation of the all CT scanners and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
• Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Diploma (Degree) in radiography from an accredited institution.
• Must be a member in good standing of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO).
• General radiography and current CT hospital experience is required.
• Certified in contrast injection is required.
• Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
What else do you bring?
• Experience working with electronic medical records.
• Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Post graduate education pertaining to CT scanning is an asset.
• Membership in CAMRT/OAMRT preferred.
• Previous experience working in the Registered Technologist classification, preferred.
• Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is represented by OPSEU
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.
Days, Evenings, Nights & Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts
$33.32 - $44.66 per hour
Talent & Benefit Associate
10 Trench Street
Job Posting Link