Registered Technologist – MRI
Sault Area Hospital
Serving a catchment population of approximately 115,000 SAH provides primary, secondary and select tertiary services to residents in Sault Ste. Marie and the District of Algoma.In addition to providing core services in Emergency and Critical Care; Medicine; Surgery; Obstetrics, Maternity and Pediatrics; Mental Health and Addictions; Complex Continuing Care; and Rehabilitation, SAH is also home to the Algoma Regional Renal Program and the Algoma District Cancer Program including radiation therapy services. SAH is extremely proud of our entire team of over 1700 dedicated staff, 365 physicians and 535 volunteers.
1. Exam and equipment preparation, including cleaning rooms and equipment, change and prepare patients, prepare contrast, arrange equipment needed and prioritize waiting exams.
2. Perform MRI Exams; confirm patient and exam identification (Double Identify), obtain consent and verify pregnancy potential, assist Radiologist as needed and position the patient as required for examination or treatment.
3. Perform procedures involving the application or administration of magnetic field and radiofrequency waves only when the conditions under the applicable legislation (including, without limitation, the Healing Arts Radiation Protection Act and its regulations, and the Nuclear Safety and Control Act, its regulations and licenses issued) have been met.
4. Perform only those controlled acts that have been authorized, or exempted or excepted under the legislation, or delegated in accordance with the legislation and the Comprehensive Guidelines.
5. Screen patients for Magnetic field safety and perform authorized acts, or delegated or exempted controlled acts, only when the conditions under the legislation and Comprehensive Guidelines have been met.
6. Ensure any procedure will not result in serious physical harm, unless that procedure is within the scope of practice of the profession or the M.R.T. is authorized or permitted to do so by legislation.
7. Ensure the area to be diagnosed or treated will be displayed or captured electronically and use radiation protection devices and other patient protection devices as required.
8. Instruct the patient on breathing and movement procedures, ensure that the orientation of the body and other pertinent parameters are marked correctly on the image, examination results provide all the information requested in the order.
9. Carry out the procedures ordered, assess the patient’s condition during the course of treatment or procedures and respond accordingly, determine if the image is of sufficient diagnostic quality or if additional or repeat images are necessary and view and complete exams and paperwork in PACS and Meditech at exam completion.
10. Assist with student training, instruct and supervise student when assigned to technologist and help with case and student evaluations as requested.
11. Trouble shoot to resolve technical equipment problems and determine the need to call service.
12. Complete all mandatory education as required for employment ie: CPR, PCI, WHMIS.
13. Commitment to ensure their safety, the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors. Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization.
1. Graduate from a recognized MRI program
2. Successful completion of C.A.M.R.T. MRI examination
3. C.M.R.T.O registration and a member in good standing with C.A.M.R.T.
4. Experience with the co-ordination performance and providing assistance in a Diagnostic Imaging Department
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITES:
5. Knowledge in the use of MEDITECH HIS/RIS, 1.5 Tesla Superconductive Magnet, associated imaging coils, pre and post processing workstation software and sound knowledge of all MRI procedures as ordered by a qualified practitioner including but not limited to Brain, body, MSK, Breast, and Spine.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of PACS and RIS Diagnostic Imaging module.
7. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
8. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
9. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
10. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
11. Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
12. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
13. Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
$31.32 - $43.25/ hr
HR Assistant Consultant
750 Great Northern R. Sault Ste. Marie, ON
705.759.3434 ext 6909