Registered Technologist, Nuclear Medicine
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA) is a 200 bed community hospital, serving the residents of Chatham and rural Kent including Walpole Island and Delaware First Nations. Formed in 2018, CKHA is committed to delivering quality and safe care at its two sites in Chatham and Wallaceburg.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Major Responsibilities of the Position):
- Under general direction of the Diagnostic Imaging Manager/Medical Director/Charge Technologist, the Technologist is responsible for accurately and efficiently performing all routine images, safety and quality control procedures.
- Performs all routine exams promptly in accordance to stated protocols and procedures.
- Performs quality control procedures and documents results on a daily basis.
- Operates, maintains all equipment and documents maintenance of all equipment according to stated policy, procedures and schedules.
- Tailor exams according to pathology imaged, and consult with interpreting radiologist when required..
- Perform troubleshooting of equipment as necessary.
- Uses computer for all aspects of the job (entering tests, results, quality control, etc.).
- Sends appropriate patient information as required. (i.e. faxing, phoning, MOH, Pharmacy etc.).
- Participates in departmental continuing education.
- Work with the students and/or new staff, teaching new instrumentation, policies and procedures, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the training new staff as required: teaching new instrumentation, procedures, quality control, maintenance etc.
- Complies with the Standards of Practice for Medical Radiation Technologist in Nuclear Medicine
- Abides to the Code of Ethics of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists.
- Carries out other duties as requested by the Charge Technologist, or Manager, Diagnostic Imaging.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skill, Experience):
- Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation and CAMRT/OAMRT.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professional commitment.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills. PACS experience preferred.
- Ability to follow up on unusual or unexpected results, problems with procedures, faulty equipment etc.
- Willing to work shift work/weekends/call back and statutory holidays if necessary.
- Qualified to perform SPECT-CT acquisitions and analysis
- Satisfactory attendance.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES (Personal Skills and Attributes):
- Keen ability to prioritize and respond effectively to changing workload demands.
- Demonstrates proactive attitude, and team player.
- Must be friendly, courteous to both patients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to perform SPECT-CT acquisitions and processing, (Siemens preferred).
- Flexible, and open to change.
- Must demonstrate excellent technical skills, and ability to be innovative under difficult conditions.
- Ability to follow up on unusual or unexpected results, problems with procedures and equipment, etc.
- Willing to learn new procedures as outlined in departmental policy and procedure manual.
- Show commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement, and excellence in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to support and embrace the philosophy of Service Excellence and Patient and Family Centred Care.
- Demonstrated participation in building a culture of kindness and respect for others to improve the safety of patient care processes and systems.
- Demonstrated performance reflecting the Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct of Chatham-Kent Health Alliance.
80 Grand Avenue West, Chatham, Ontario
Job Posting Link