Registered Ultrasound Technologist
Grand River Hospital
At Grand River Hospital (GRH), our people are essential! We’re one of Ontario’s largest community hospitals, providing patient-centred care to Waterloo Region, Wellington County, and Southwestern Ontario, and we couldn’t do it without our 4000+ highly skilled and dedicated team members, over 600 professional staff (such as physicians and midwives) and over 1,000 volunteers.Grow your career at Waterloo Region’s largest hospital and be part of a progressive organization full of great opportunities with a culture that values compassion, innovation, and a positive attitude. GRH is a place where you can truly make a difference – one patient at a time.
POSITION VACANCY: Registered Ultrasound Technologist
Hours: WEEKDAYS, EVENINGS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAY SHIFTS
Ability to perform all aspects of ultrasound examinations including abdominal, OB/GYN, vascular, small parts. Experience with breast, musculoskeletal, pediatric and interventional procedures is preferred. May be required to work at both the K-W Health Centre and the Freeport sites, with the primary site as KW Health Centre. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO)
• Graduate of accredited Ultrasound Technology
Program (community college or university degree)
• Preference to candidates with a minimum one year experience, preferably in a hospital
• RVT designation preferred
• RDMS (Ab, Ob/Gyn) and/or CRGS certification required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is essential
• Good attendance record
At Grand River Hospital, we support our team members with:
• Competitive salaries.
• Defined benefit pension plans for all team members (Full-Time and Part-Time staff).
• Comprehensive benefits and vacation plans.
• Supports for employee health and wellness.
• Homewood Employee and Family Assistance Program that offers free and confidential counselling on a wide range of topics, for employees and their immediate family members.
• Free access to the Calm app to support mental health wellness.
• Employee Referral Program where you can earn up to $1,000 per new hire referral.
• Professional development through education and training opportunities, including our Learning Development Fund that provides reimbursement for tuition costs.
• GRH Social Club and discounted prices for movies, family events, and attractions
We look forward to receiving your application! Visit https://www.grhosp.on.ca/careers and apply today!
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
835 King St
226 751 3279