Registered X-Ray Technologist
McMaster Children's Hospital
Registered X-Ray Technologist- Regular Full-Time
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition #110529
Step into a job that opens countless doors. As Ontario’s most comprehensive healthcare system, and the only one in the province to provide care from pre-birth to end of life, we offer endless opportunities. You can explore advancement opportunities, take professional development courses, and stretch yourself as a leader, all at HHS.
We are the largest employer in the greater Hamilton region, and play a vital role in training the next generation of health professionals in collaboration with our academic partners, including McMaster University and Mohawk College. We are a world-renowned hospital for healthcare research, ranked fourth in Canada and we focus on improving the quality of care for our patients through innovation and evidence-based practices. Our multi-site hospital has over 1,100 beds and we offer world-leading expertise in many areas, including cardiac and stroke care, cancer care, palliative care and pediatrics. Open the door to a career that evolves with you.
Our Diagnostic Services team supports a high volume of diverse adult and pediatric patients and families, providing service in most areas 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Diagnostic Services at HHS includes X-Ray, CT Scan, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, PET, Ultrasound and Interventional Radiology.
As a member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team, the Registered X-Ray Technologist coordinates, performs and evaluates Diagnostic Services examinations, guides and directs clinical and technical associates and students in a teaching and research environment. Our technologists provide patient care within the HHS core values of respect, caring, innovation and accountability. X-Ray Technologists at McMaster Children’s Hospital work with state of the art equipment including Operating Room O-Arm. Our X-Ray Technologists are presented with regular opportunities to train in CT and interventional radiology, as well as participate in McMaster University affiliated research studies.
Rotation through other modalities and sites based on qualifications and unit requirements maybe required.
Schedule Work Hours
Rotating days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays (standby as required)
• Graduate of an approved training program in Radiological Technology
• Current member in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologist of Ontario (CMRTIO)
• Professional designation of Registered Medical Radiology Technologist (MRT)
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) registration
• Demonstrated ability to work responsibly in a team environment
• Demonstrated effective communication, organization and interpersonal skills
• Effective problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced clinical environment
• Evidence of participation in on-going education & professional development
• Membership in the CAMRT/OAMRS preferred
• CT/Angiography skills preferred.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.
33.750- 45.260 Hourly
Job Posting Link