KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital is looking to build its Casual team of Respiratory Therapists. Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Work will be available on a short-notice, on-call bases and/or blocks of shifts pre-scheduled to relieve leaves of absences. Opportunity to apply for Regular employment positions within the Internal Recruitment job posting process. Shifts will be Days, Evenings and/or Nights.
What Will You Work On?
Delivering Respiratory Therapy services and programs related to performing respiratory care in a multi-disciplinary setting to clients with a variety of illnesses/diseases including, but not limited to:
• Acute care: ICU, ED, NICU, pediatrics, post-op Cardiac Surgery, PAR, Emergency; and/or
• Opportunities to work in the pulmonary function lab, bronchoscopies, urgent care, and community.
How Will You Create Impact?
As a member of the KGH Respiratory Therapy team, you will work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team within a patient-centred care model. You will help with the COVID-19 pandemic and assist with expanding the role of Respiratory Therapist as the hospital grows.
How Will We Help You Grow?
• We offer ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS, and NRP.
• One week spend with the RT Educator to review policies and equipment.
• Mentorship with other staff members.
• Tailored orientation to areas that require more orientation.
• Touch bases every few months to receive ongoing feedback.
• Ongoing support with the Respiratory Therapy Educator and Supervisors.
• Opportunities for leadership in a Shift Supervisor Role.
Who Are We Looking For?
• Recent acute/critical care experience
• Critical care thinking
• Organized ability to prioritize
• Fast learner
• Work well in a team environment
• Excellent communication
• Availability for short call
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Recent acute/critical care experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal and would like assistance with tips on resume and cover letter writing, the Interior Health application process, or interview readiness, send us your query via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to reach an Employment Advisor.
0 - 37.5/hpw
$30.82 - $38.56/hr