OPSEULAKERIDGE HEALTHSONOGRAPHER x 2DIAGNOSTIC IMAGINGFULL TIMEDay/ Evening/ Weekends/ On-call: 8 Hour shifts (Subject to change)SALARY: $32.99 - $45.56 per hourLakeridge Health Oshawa, Bowmanville and Port PerryOPSEU-2100004372 & 2100004373
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general supervision of the Radiologists, Charge Sonographer, Senior Sonographer &/or Manager, the Sonographer utilizes ultrasound equipment to produce high quality sonographic images required to complete the examinations requested.
* Successful completion of a recognized Ultrasound program;
* Current registration with the C.M.R.I.T.O. required;
* Significant experience in abdominal, OB/GYN, small parts, neuro, and interventional ultrasound procedures;
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Proven organizational skills;
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and exercise independent judgement;
* Demonstrated ability to assess requests and prioritize them to ensure excellent and prompt patient care;
* Proven ability to adapt standard work procedures to emergency situations;
* Must be able to be part of the ultrasound standby rotation and respond within the time limit of a call back;
* Post graduate experience in a hospital based Ultrasound department preferred;
* Physically capable of bending, lifting, turning, transferring patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* Must have satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education sessions; and
* Proven good attendance with capability of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and OPSEU Local 348.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
Lakeridge Health is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to preventing the transmission of COVID 19 infections among Lakeridge Health team members and our patients. New Lakeridge Health team members will be required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 during their Post-offer/Pre-employment Health Assessment, subject to any exemptions recognized under the Ontario Human Rights code.
1 Hospital Court, Oshawa, ON L1G2B9
Job Posting Link