Are you looking for an enviable work/life balance? Come to Vernon, BC, where you’ll have opportunity to explore what the beautiful North Okanagan has to offer.
Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH) is a 182 Acute care bed hospital operating 24/7 and serving a North Okanagan population of approximately 73,000. VJH’s Diagnostic Imaging Department has a strong team approach with opportunities for on-going education and career growth. We are a teaching facility with students in all modalities. The imaging department consists of three General Ultrasound rooms and two Echo rooms. Our recent pieces of equipment include a 64 slice Toshiba CT Scanner, a Urology suite, a new Ultrasound machine, and a new general X-ray room.
All of our sites are connected through our regional Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS) integrated into our single Electronic Health Record providing real-time patient histories anywhere within Interior Health. We have clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout Interior Health.
This is a permanent part time position (0.77FTE) position working rotating day and evening shifts. This position works both general and echo sonography. This position includes scheduled call rotation.
• Mentorship to support a New Grad’s transition
• Relocation Assistance
• Excellent employer paid benefit package
• Paid vacation
• Pension plan
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of BC. Apply Today!
Community Profile: Surrounded by rolling grasslands with rocky outcrops and stands of Ponderosa Pine and Douglas fir, Vernon offers lake and mountain views in every direction. Nature remains Vernon's biggest asset. Famous champagne powder at Silver Star Mountain Resort attracts skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers and snowmobilers. In summer, myriad hiking and cycling trails explore every area from the historic Grey Canal within the city to the nearby provincial parks and the rugged Monashee Mountain Range. Warm waters beckon from beaches to picnic grounds to wakeboarding. The focus is on outdoor recreation but this community also supports plenty of urban attractions.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca
Job Posting Link