Interior Health is a regional health authority in British Columbia. It is one of the five publicly-funded regional health authorities, serving the southern Interior region of British Columbia.
Williams Lake, BC
Are you looking for an opportunity where surrounding pristine wilderness provides an unlimited playground within minutes while the convenience of modern amenities is at your doorstep? Does world-class mountain bike trails, miles of hiking and skiing terrain, and hundreds of lakes fit for kayaking, rafting, boating, fishing and camping bring out your true sense of adventure? Is finding a community where family living and a relaxed lifestyle make it an attractive place to be important to you? If you answered yes to these questions then escape the hustle and bustle of a big city, Williams Lake is the place to be!
Interior Health is seeking a permanent full time Sonographer to join the great team of technologists working at Cariboo Memorial Hospital (CMH) in Williams Lake, BC. CMH is a Community Level Hospital with 31 acute care beds and provides Emergency, ICU, medical-surgical, and obstetrical care, Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, and Outpatient Hemodialysis services.
We are a small team of one General Sonographer and seven Medical Radiography Techs offering services which include CT Scanning, fluoroscopy with minor special procedures, general x-ray, diagnostic and screening mammography, and ultrasound. Types of ultrasound scans performed are Abdominal, Obstetrics, Renal, Thyroid, Vascular DVTs and Carotids, and Biopsies, and Drainages. CMH consists of two scanning rooms and performs up to 4,700 exams each year.
We are seeking a Sonographer with ability to perform both General and Echocardiography. This position would likely work 50 percent in Echo and 50 percent in General US but flexibility towards patient needs.
This Position offers:
• Mentorship and supportive team environment
• Monday to Friday days with weekends and statutory holidays off
• Competitive Wages within the public health sector
• Generous Employer paid vacation entitlement
• Relocation Package
• Comprehensive Benefit package
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Eligibility for BC Provincial Loan Forgiveness
Experience working at the leading edge of Ultrasonography healthcare while advancing your career. Discover why so many people have chosen to live, work, and play in the Southern Interior of British Columbia. Apply Today!
Community Profile: Set in the heart of the Frontier, amid lakes and rolling ranchland, Williams Lake is nestled in a beautiful valley in the centre of the Cariboo Chilcotin Regional District in the interior of British Columbia. A population of 11,150 within the city and 25,120 in the neighbouring area combine to create an immediate service area of 29,504. Take advantage of the four seasons in Williams Lake with lots of outdoor recreation. The area and the city offer many amenities including golfing, fine dining, recreational parks, in close proximity to numerous recreational lakes, winter recreation such as x-country and downhill skiing, world-class scenic rivers and horseback tours, and competitive trails for cyclists. This mixture of frontier charm and urban living can't be beat.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
$33.29 - $41.61/hr
HR Recruitment Assistant
505 Doyle Ave
Job Posting Link