Staff Anesthesia Assistant
Interior Health is one of five regional publicly-funded health authorities in BC. With more than 21,000 employees and nearly 1,900 physicians on our team we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Whether you desire to be near the Rocky Mountains, in the Kootenay Boundary, enjoying the Okanagan Valley vineyards, or experience the scenic Thompson Cariboo region, we have a place for your!
Vernon, BC Canada
Vernon Jubilee Hospital has an immediate permanent, part-time opening for a Staff Anesthesia Assistant.
With this opportunity comes eligibility to apply for reimbursement of registration or membership fees through the Health Sciences Association.
What we offer:
• Relocation allowance for eligible positions
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
The Anesthesia Assistant performs technical duties related to anesthesia such as testing, preparing and maintaining anesthesia equipment and supplies. Performs clinical duties related to assisting Anesthesiologists with the induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anesthesia.
VJH is a regional care facility where you will find six beautiful, large totally integrated operative theatres and three Staff Anesthesia Assistants (AA). Surgical Services provided at VJH include General, Gynecology, Orthopedics, some Pediatrics, Urology, and ENT. Staff AAs are involved in assisting with ECTS and cardioversion. They join the Anesthesiologist(s) in discussing care plans for things such as difficult airways, procedural sedations, and obstetrical consults. VJH is a tight-knit community hospital where there is a strong sense of collaboration that supports the deliverance of the best qualify patient care.
Join us in Vernon, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from a recognized school of Respiratory Therapy plus three years’ recent related experience.
• Completion of an accredited post-graduate Anesthesia Assistant diploma program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT).
• Current certificates in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
18.75 hours per week
$40.53 - $50.62 per hour
APPLY ONLINE: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/ViewJobPosting/1865933?ReturnUrl=%2fJobSearch%2fs-1865933%2f0-0-0-10-0-false-0-5
Job Posting #01865933
IHA Careers Recruitment
Interior Health Authority
IHA Careers Recruitment
505 Doyle Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 0C5
Job Posting Link