Women's College Hospital
Women's College Hospital (WCH) is an academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a focus on health for women, health equity and health system solutions. If you're ready to be part of a team that is revolutionizing the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution where the possibilities for innovation, new discovery and system thinking are limitless. Women's College Hospital is committed to equity, quality and patient safety as key professional values and essential components of daily practice.With the mobilization of our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan, WCH has entered an exciting phase of its history – strengthening its bond with partners and introducing a new and inspiring vision: Healthcare revolutionized for a healthier and more equitable world.FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness department. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
An exciting Temporary Part Time opportunity as a Medical Radiation Technologist (CT) exists in Medical Imaging reporting to the Manager, Medical Imaging. The shifts are Saturday and Sunday, every other weekend.
Summary of Duties, but not limited to:
• Performs: CT imaging procedures and quality assurance as outlined in the protocol/procedure manuals. Communicates with team members and management, participates in professional development, teaching and educational activities, mentoring, performs other duties related to the job calcification as required and follows all departmental and hospital policies.
• Maintains current knowledge of an utilizes the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) to view, manipulate and archive digital medical images of data in final image formation
• Operates, troubleshoots, and ensures that medical imaging and ancillary equipment are performing in an effective and efficient manner
• Maintains high standards of practice and excellence in patient care
• Understands Hospital and departmental policies and procedures to provide input for designing imaging policies and procedures that will result in improvements in technical quality
• Adhering to Hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient confidentiality
• Performing cross-functional responsibilities as assigned, or requested; performing other duties related to the job classification, as required
As a role model and champion you will work to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
• Medical Radiation Sciences Diploma/Degree in Radiography/Radiological Technology from a recognized program
• Post diploma education and/or Certification in Computed Tomography, or recognized equivalent preferred
• Registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO) in good standing required
• 3-5 years in a hospital setting preferred
• Commit to on-going continuing education
• Cross-sectional Anatomy course and ability to be trained in CT specializations (ie. Cardiac, thoracic, body, neuro, musculoskeletal)
• Contrast injection course and ability to be trained in contrast injection techniques preferred
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification
• Excellent problem recognition and problem-solving skills
• Effective time management skills; ability to organize work, set priorities and multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and stressful environment
• Effective computer skills
• Ability to work effectively as a team member, as well as the ability to work as an autonomous professional
• Good work and attendance record required
• Demonstrated WCH vision mission and values
• Professional behavior and communication that meets the standards of the professional regulatory college or association, as applicable, and the standards of Women’s College Hospital
• This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all
32.27 - 45.814 /Hour
76 Grenville St, Toronto, ON M5S 1B2
Job Posting Link