Brant Community Healthcare System
Exceptional Care–Exceptional People The Brant Community Healthcare System is a two site Community Hospital located in Brantford (Brantford General Hospital) and Paris, Ontario (The Willett- Urgent Care and Transitional Care). The Brantford General is an acute care hospital (one hour from Toronto, London, and Niagara Region) with a state of the art Diagnostic Imaging Department.The Radiology and Nuclear Medicine departments perform almost 190,000 exams or tests per year.The communities of Brantford and Brant County have helped support the department's move towards digital imaging bringing the Brant Community Healthcare System to the forefront of Digital Imaging services.Imaging at Brant Community Healthcare System:Cardiac Diagnostic (ECG)Computerized Tomography (CT)EchocardiogramElectromyogram (EMG)Mammography & Ontario Breast Screening ProgramMagnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Nuclear MedicineUltrasoundX-RayBy choosing to work at Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS), you are joining an organization with more than 130 years of making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve throughout our communities. We value Care, Accountability, Respect and Equity, and we are working together to build a healthier community!
Reporting to the Manager of Diagnostic Imaging you will be responsible for performing Diagnostic Ultrasound procedures in accordance with the policies and procedures and future College guidelines and Standard of Practice.
The Ultrasound Department is a high volume department. We are seeking a technologist who can work independently as well as be an intricate part of our team.
• Excellent demonstrated customer service and communication skills
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal and technical skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Willing to work any shift and weekends, and be available to take call as scheduled
• Demonstrated educational and professional involvement as well as a commitment to professional development
• Excellent attendance record
• Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO) – Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (DMS) required
• Current registration with Sonography Canada.
• Experience in a fast paced Diagnostic Imaging Department preferred
• Demonstrated technical competence and a commitment to quality patient care
• Current B.C.L.S. Certificate preferred
Why Choose BCHS?
• Tuition Reimbursement (Centralized Education Fund)
• Relocation Incentive Available
• HOOPP Pension Plan
• Predictable work locations
• Discounted onsite parking (no shuttles or waiting lists)
• Support 24/7- you’re not on your own (managers on call, physicians, allied health and support staff).
• Wellness matters, our Employee Assistance program is free and confidential to all employees and family members.
• Ongoing infection and prevention control measures, education, appropriate PPE and support available to all employees.
200 Terrace Hill Street Brantford, ON
Job Posting Link