Wondering what to expect when you show up for classes or work at Michener this Fall?
New and returning students will continue with a hybrid learning format this Fall, comprised of lectures delivered online with in-person labs and classroom components to reinforce learning. Michener’s Facilities team continues to remove onsite restrictions as UHN’s Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) team approves these changes, working toward the best and safest learning and working experience.
To ensure Michener’s St. Patrick Campus remains as safe as possible, students, staff and business visitors must continue to observe the following Covid-19 protocols while onsite:
- Mandatory masking unless eating or drinking.
- Room occupancy limits.
- Passive screening protocols (everyone entering the building must be fully vaccinated and complete self-screening).
- As Michener is currently in a yellow phase for non-educational on-site activities, in-person meetings are currently permitted, as well as social gatherings (this is subject to change if the phase changes in the future).
- Respite rooms are available for students to relax in during breaks.
At this time, the following infection prevention protocols have changed:
- Elevator capacity limits have been removed.
- The receiving pedestrian entrance located off McCaul Street has reopened for staff and students – please mask before entering the building (doors open for tap-in from 7 am to 5 pm).
- Washroom capacity limits have been removed.
- The 13thfloor lobby lounge area has been reopened for student use with a capacity limit.
- Schatz Lounge is reopened for all students.
- The fitness centre and gymnasium are open with capacity limits.
“Covid is still spreading in our community and it is crucial to maintain and follow IPAC protocols in order to keep everyone at Michener safe,” says Erica Tong, Director of Facilities at Michener.
Thank you to Michener’s staff, students and visitors for their cooperation in keeping the Michener community safe.