Mount Sinai Hospital - Sinai Health
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada's leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a MRI Technologist to support our Medical Imaging Department at our Joint Department of Medical Imaging (JDMI) sites.
As an integral member of the Medical Imaging team, the MRI technologist performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging exams in accordance with the policies and procedures of Mount Sinai Hospital and the standards of practice defined by the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO).
- Producing diagnostic imaging exams of the highest image quality possible.
- Ensuring patient and staff safety in and around the MRI environment.
- Providing exceptional patient care.
- Effectively working independently and as a team member with the goal of maximizing scanner utilization.
- Operating, evaluating, and troubleshooting MRI equipment and software issues.
- Consistent thorough documentation of all aspects of MR examination.
- Participating in education of students.
- Participating in research studies if applicable.
- Registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO).
- MRT (MR) designation.
- Completion of a BCLS program, Level II: Basic Rescuer certification.
- 1 year recent related experience.
- Cross sectional anatomy course.
- Contrast injection course.
- Effective time management skills, ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Ability to cope with the physical demands on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem recognition and solving skills.
- Ability to accept varying shifts and on call duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Drive to stay educated on current and future trends in MRI.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.
Up to 24 hours per week
Human Resources Advisor
522 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 1X5
Job Posting Link