Michael Garron Hospital (MGH)
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs M.R.I. examinations at a technical level requiring minimum supervision. This position requires a certain amount of independent judgment in performing a wide variety of M.R.I. procedures. In conjunction with the Senior M.R.I. Technologist, and in co-operation with the Clinical Instructor, a degree of instruction of students in the practical aspects of M.R.I. will be required.
• Satisfactory completion of formal training in an approved C.A.R.M.T. training school or equivalent
• Registration with the CMRTO
• Successful completion of MRI diploma/degree program
• C.A.M.R.T. certification in MRI
• Technologist in the field of Diagnostic Imaging for not less than one year.
• Must have good knowledge of cross-sectional Anatomy.
• Attendance at recognized courses and conferences in the field of MRI an asset.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Experience or current certification in I.V. injection of contrast media.
• Demonstrate ability to use independent judgment and initiative.
• Ability and willingness to participate as a team member.
• Willingness to upgrade technical knowledge and skills through post-graduate education.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Good work and attendance record required.
• All employees of Toronto East Health network - Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
• All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
• All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to Toronto East Health network's policies and practices.
Type of Job
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume indicating MRI Technologist in the subject line to: email@example.com
Please visit our Careers page at www.tegh.on.ca Careers Current Opportunities How to Apply to download the application form
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Excellence, kindness and respect are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart