Study Permit

Study Permit Requirements for Michener Students

When you have been accepted into a Michener program, you need to obtain a Study Permit from the Canadian Government. A Study Permit gives you the legal right to remain in Canada to take on academic, professional or vocational training at an approved educational institution. You should complete an application for a Study Permit (form IMM1206) at the nearest Canadian government office in the country where you live. When you apply for a Study Permit, you will need the following:

  • Proof of your acceptance by The Michener Institute
  • Proof of financial support
  • Evidence of good character, and if applicable, a letter from your sponsor
  • Certificate of medical clearance
  • Valid passport
  • Record of Criminal Conduct
  • The Michener Institute’s DLI #: 019395677373

Study Permits are generally issued for the full length of your program. If you are currently studying in Canada on a Study Permit at another educational institution, you may need to transfer your Study Permit to The Michener Institute. Don’t delay! We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. For specific details, contact your nearest Canadian Embassy. If you have more questions about immigration requirements, visit Immigration Canada‘s Website.