Because our curriculum is designed to help you gain the skills and confidence needed to successfully enter your chosen profession.
Discover your path in healthcare at Michener
Reasons why Michener & The Michener Advantage is right for you:
We’re unique, just like you
As Canada’s only post-secondary institution specialized in healthcare education, our program offerings are robust and tailored to meet the emerging needs of the evolving healthcare system. Classes are small to ensure students get hands-on interaction with faculty. You’ll quickly get to know everyone by name and build lasting connections with those who share your passion for healthcare. Join Michener and be valued as a unique individual part of a close-knit community, dedicated to ensuring the needs of the patient comes first.
We’re located in the heart of Toronto’s hospital district
Our close proximity to Toronto’s major hospitals in the downtown core will expose you to the busy bustle of working in healthcare as you take in the surrounding sights and sounds. We have longstanding clinical relationships not only with many of the hospitals nearby but also across Ontario and in other provinces.
Through our focus on healthcare education since 1958, we’ve fostered strong relationships with clinical and industry affiliates. With public funding from The Ministry of Health and the support of our partners, we continue to invest in state-of-the-art equipment, while regularly reviewing and enhancing our curriculum. The result is high employer satisfaction with Michener graduates, who are work-ready and prepared to provide quality patient care.
- Funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care
- Programs are accredited by Accreditation Canada and the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CoARTE) for Anesthesia Assistants
- 10 Dedicated Full-Time Programs, and over 4000 Continuing Education enrolments each year.
- Established clinical partnerships with teaching hospitals and clinics across Ontario and in other provinces
- Small student to faculty ratio – average class size of 25
- Academic partnerships with University of Toronto, Laurentian University and Northern Ontario School of Medicine
A Career in Allied Health
Employment prospects are a major consideration for learners making decisions regarding education. Some resources where students can explore more details about occupations, employment trends and salary ranges include:
As well, Michener publishes Key Performance Indicators on our website.
We welcome questions in person, by phone, or e-mail. Feel free to visit us at:Registrar’s Office 222 St. Patrick Street, Room 500 Toronto, ON M5T 1V4
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30pm
Call: (416) 596-3117 | Toll Free: 1-800-387-9066
Fax: (416) 596-3180