Because our curriculum is designed to help you gain the skills and confidence needed to successfully enter your chosen profession.
Discover your path in healthcare at Michener.
Three reasons why Michener and The Michener Advantage is right for you.
1 We’re unique, just like you.
As Canada’s only post-secondary institution specialized in healthcare education, our program offerings are robust and tailored to meet the emerging needs of the evolving healthcare system. Classes are small to ensure students get hands-on interaction with faculty. You’ll quickly get to know everyone by name and build lasting connections with those who share your passion for healthcare. Join Michener and be valued as a unique individual part of a close-knit community.
2 We’re located in the heart of Toronto’s hospital district.
Our close proximity to Toronto’s major hospitals in the downtown core will expose you to the busy bustle of working in healthcare as you take in the surrounding sights and sounds. We have longstanding clinical relationships not only with many of the hospitals nearby but also across Ontario and in other provinces.
3 We’re valued.
Through our focus on healthcare education for the past 58 years, we’ve fostered strong relationships with clinical and industry affiliates. With public funding from The Ministry of Health and the support of our partners, we continue to invest in state-of-the-art equipment, while regularly reviewing and enhancing our curriculum. The result is high employer satisfaction with Michener graduates, who are work-ready and prepared to provide quality patient care.
• Funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care
• Programs accredited by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) and the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CoARTE) for Respiratory Therapy
• 10 Dedicated Full-Time Programs, 1,000 Continuing Education courses
• Established clinical partnerships with teaching hospitals and clinics across Ontario and in other provinces
• Small student to faculty ratio – average class size of 25
• Academic partnerships with University of Toronto, Laurentian University and Northern Ontario School of Medicine
A Career in Allied Health
We understand that employment prospects are a major consideration when making decisions regarding your education.
On average, employment prospects for the health professions we educate are fair to good. The most recent statistical information indicates that for most of our professions:
- Employment grew at an above-average rate.
- Hourly wages are above average, and the rate of wage growth is close to the average.
- The unemployment rate is below average.
Employment forecasts are generally neutral to positive as well:
- The employment growth rate will likely be above average because of ongoing trends–a growing and ageing population that requires more health services, new technologies that improve the ability to diagnose disease and Canadians with health care insurance that covers more services
- Although the retirement rate will likely be average, the number of retiring workers should contribute to job openings
- Economic forecasts, marketplace fluctuations and media reporting are all contributing variables to employment prospects
We welcome questions in person, by phone, or e-mail. Feel free to visit us at:Student Enrolment & Admissions 222 St. Patrick Street, Room 500 Toronto, ON M5T 1V4
Hours: Monday to Friday 0900 – 1700h
Call: (416) 596-3117 | Toll Free: 1-800-387-9066
Fax: (416) 596-3180