Why a Career in Allied Health?
We understand that employment prospects are a major consideration when making decisions regarding your education.
On average, employment prospects for the health professions we educate are fair to good. The most recent statistical information indicates that for most of our professions:
- Employment grew at an above-average rate.
- Hourly wages are above average, and the rate of wage growth is close to the average.
- The unemployment rate is below average.
Employment forecasts are generally neutral to positive as well:
- The employment growth rate will likely be above average because of ongoing trends–a growing and aging population that requires more health services, new technologies that improve the ability to diagnose disease and Canadians with health care insurance that covers more services
- Although the retirement rate will likely be average, the number of retiring workers should contribute to job openings
- Economic forecasts, marketplace fluctuations and media reporting are all contributing variables to emploment prospects
For more information visit www.workingincanada.gc.ca and www.statcan.gc.ca