The Accelerating the Adoption of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare research project builds on an impressive body of scholarship and research already taking place across University Health Network.
- The Michener Institute of Education at UHN has developed a new full-time program in Digital Health and Data Analytics. The program is geared toward students and working professionals who want to advance their career in and beyond healthcare and work on cutting-edge digital health, data science and AI initiatives.
- In 2019, The Michener Institute of Education at UHN developed the Artificial Intelligence in Health Care Certificate Program.
- Michener’s in-house chiropody clinic uses AI tools to improve accuracy, consistency and objectivity of wound measurements, which in turn enhances the quality of care for our patients.
- UHN’s clinical leaders are working with Vector Institute to develop AI tools that take aim at cardiovascular disease , Parkinson’s and other chronic diseases.
- UHN’s cancer program and imaging departments are working with Vector Institute to develop algorithms that help improve diagnostic accuracy and speed. They are also part of a Vector-led Pathfinder Project to improve image quality .
Visit Vector Institute for more examples of UHN and Vector Institute’s leadership in AI-enabled healthcare.
Accelerating the Adoption of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare is funded by the Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre . Le projet est financé par le Centre des Compétences futures du gouvernement du Canada.