We offer full and comprehensive employer-paid health benefits which include:
- Extended Health Care (including paramedical) coverage
- Dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) employer matched contributions
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up
In addition, Michener offers the following:
- Corporate discounts with multiple vendors including Perkopolis
- Pre-paid leave plan (salary deferral program)
- Employee Recognition Awards and Years of Service Program
We understand the power of teaching and learning and recognize that we are only as good as our people. Our approach to lifelong learning provides opportunities for:
- Professional development funding for courses, fees and textbooks
- Reimbursement for conference, seminar and workshop registration fees
- Paid professional development days
- Interest free education loans
- Computer purchase assistance plan
- Discount on continuing education courses
- In-house educational opportunities
Michener’s Diversity, Inclusion, Values & Equity Committee (DIVE)
The DIVE Committee strives to create a safe, inclusive, accessible and welcoming space at Michener. Our goal is to support and empower people to bring their full selves to the workplace every day. We welcome everyone regardless of race, ethnic group, socioeconomic status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, language, religion or age.
At The Michener Institute, we believe in promoting an inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring our programs, services and facilities are accessible, and that everyone at Michener has fair and equitable access to programs and services under the standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) .
Athletics and Recreation
At Michener, we offer a variety of facilities for employees to enjoy when not working. We have an on-site gym featuring a weight room, squash courts and saunas used by our employees and students. Take a look at Michener’s Fitness Facilities .
Michener also encourages employees to experience our Gitigan (the Anishinaabemowin word for garden). The Gitigan is a place to grow plants native to the area, traditional medicines and many plants used by Indigenous nations for their healing properties to help improve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
Michener is located in the world-renowned hub for science, discovery and innovation. It is walking distance from some of Canada’s largest teaching and research hospitals, the MaRS Discovery District, the Ontario provincial legislature known as Queen’s Park, major shopping centres and bounded by major streets in the downtown Toronto area. The discovery district is connected to many subway stations, streetcars and the bus routes.