Diversity & Inclusion
The Diversity, Inclusion, Values and Equity Committee
Michener’s Diversity, Inclusion, Values and Equity Committee (DIVE) strives to create a safe, inclusive, accessible and welcoming space at Michener.
The Committee’s goal is to support and empower people to bring their full selves to the workplace every day. The Committee is led by staff, but our activities and messages are intended to give a voice to all marginalized employees and students on campus. We welcome everyone regardless of race, ethnic group, socioeconomic status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, language, religion or age.
Reach out to the DIVE Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual background for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation & Orange Shirt Day
As a way to help you acknowledge National Day for Truth and Reconciliation & Orange Shirt Day, we have created a virtual background that Michener staff and students can use for Microsoft Teams meetings and calls.
Instructions on how to download and use the background:
- Click the thumbnail image to open the jpeg file of the virtual background
- Once the image is open, right click on the image and select Save Image As, or click File > Save As in your navigation bar
- Once you’re in Microsoft Teams, click on Effects and Avatars, click on More Video Effects then click on Add New
- The image may appear backwards in your preview, but your audience sees the image in the correct orientation
- If you have any issues downloading or using the virtual background, please contact email@example.com
Alan Joson (he/him), Communications and Marketing
Luckshi Sathasivam (she/her), Registrar’s Office