Ethics review at Michener is now being conducted through UHN Ethics Review Services and Research Ethics Board.
The following resources are highly recommended and may be required for anyone interested in undertaking research at Michener/UHN.
Depending on the type of research project you wish to pursue, you may be asked to complete or review one or more of the following certifications/resources. The listing below is not exhaustive and other resources relevant to your area of research may be recommended to you.
Alternately, your project may not require a full REB application and may be eligible for approval as a Quality Improvement (QI) project. In these cases, you will be directed to UHN’s QI process.
- Tri Council Policy Statement, Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans , Medical Research Council of Canada 2018
- Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS 2-CORE) . Online Tutorial (completion required)
- Good Clinical Practice Certification (completion required)
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act (PIPEDA) 2019
- Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) 2020
- CIHR Best Practices for Protecting Privacy in Health Research 2005
Please contact us for more information or assistance regarding the REB process
Mailing Address:Institutional Analysis & Evaluation Office
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN
222 St. Patrick’s Street
Toronto ON M5T 1V4
Room 1333, 13th Floor
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm