noun – val·e·dic·to·ri·an \ va-lə-ˌdik-ˈtȯr-ē-ən
The individual in a graduating class who delivers the farewell or valedictory address
Who should represent your class? Who will speak for you?
All graduating students are eligible to be nominated and any Michener student, staff, or faculty member, including clinical coordinators, can submit a nomination. Self-nominations are also accepted.
What makes a good Valedictorian?
Potential candidates must be eligible for the June 2018 convocation and have a history of positive involvement in campus and community activities. They should also be comfortable speaking in public or before an audience.
All nominees will be equally considered based on the following criteria:
- Academic Contribution while at Michener (e.g., engagement, perseverance, contribution to learning, etc.)
- Michener Involvement (e.g., student groups/clubs, student support, student government, athletics, special events, volunteering, etc.)
- Community Involvement while at Michener (e.g., volunteer work, coaching, etc.)
Nominees must be in good academic standing. This information will be confirmed through the Registrar’s Office.
How do I submit a nomination?
Tips for Submission
- inform nominee of intent to nominate
- connect with members of Michener’s community (students, faculty, clinical coordinators, etc.) for additional information
- confirm criteria information with the nominee
Nominators must complete an online Valedictorian Nomination form and speak to each of the criteria outlined above.
The Selection Committee, representing students, faculty, and administration, will convene in May to review all nominations and select a valedictorian. All nominees will be notified of the Committee’s decision.
Nominations must be submitted using the online form below:Online Nomination Form
For more Convocation information:2018 Convocation Information