Living on campus is fun, safe and convenient
Living in Michener’s student residence, you immediately have a network of peers to work on assignments or study with; you are close to classes, computer labs and the library and you are within walking distance of downtown amenities! At Michener, our residence population tends to be a mature group of students who value both their residence experience and their education. Our residence building is co-ed, has twenty-four-hour security and is located directly on campus. Apply to residence.
Students planning on living in Michener’s Residence, Schatz Hall, are required to have at least their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination prior to move in.
Michener has a commitment to the health and safety of our students and our community. Vaccines have been recognized by authorities as a safe, and effective way to protect you and those around you from serious illness due to COVID-19. There were several reasons taken into consideration to determine this requirement which included:
- Many Ontario universities and colleges are requiring students living in residence to have their COVID-19 vaccinations. University of Toronto’s decision was supported by local public health authorities in Toronto and Peel
- Public Health Ontario recommends COVID-19 vaccination for all residents in congregate living setting.
- There have been higher rates of cases in younger population groups.
- Council of the Faculty of Medicine (COFM) has released guidelines that COVID-19 vaccination is required for clinical placements. Medical learners who choose not to have COVID-19 vaccination are to be notified that hospital policies may preclude them from clinical placements or require antiviral prophylaxis and immunization in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak. It is anticipated that health sciences program will also adopt the same policy.
COVID-19 Vaccination Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I need to move into Residence? Students should have their first dose prior to their move-in date, with Michener strongly recommending they receive their first dose at least 14 days before moving in.
Book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment .
How do I confirm I have been vaccinated? Michener will send an email on how to confirm vaccination. Please keep any emails, receipts or records pertaining to your vaccination.
What happens if I cannot get my first dose before I move in? Those who are unable to get vaccinated before moving in will have two weeks following their move-in date to receive their first dose, with Michener helping to facilitate access to vaccines, subject to supply. Those who are not fully vaccinated may be subject to additional public health restrictions.
What happens if students do not have at least, one dose within 14 days of their move in date? Students who have not been granted an exemption will not be permitted to continue living in residence.
Can I get an exemption? Any student who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or on grounds protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code can request an exemption. Michener will send information by email about how to request an exemption for students receiving an offer of residence.
Will additional measures be in place? Michener will continue to follow existing health and safety measures as set by public health for congregate settings – such as mask-wearing, capacity limits in common spaces and regular self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms. Michener will also continue to monitor and review for any changes to public health guidelines
Are vaccines mandatory for all students? Yes. Michener has in place measures to support a safe return to campus. All members of our community are asked to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible in accordance with public health guidelines.
Who do I contact if I have a question? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This five-floor residence is a wing of Michener’s main building and is fully integrated with the rest of Michener. Students don’t even have to go outside to get to class!
Schatz Hall features fully furnished single rooms equipped with full private bathroom facilities. There are 12 students per floor (co-ed) and each floor has a common TV lounge, kitchen and coin laundry facilities. An accessible unit is also available on each floor.
For more information please e-mail email@example.com or call 416-596-3141, Toll-Free 1-800-387-9066 x3141
- Complete all sections of the Residence Application Form
- Indicate the date you plan to move into the residence as well as your expected move-out date.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to see the most current residence handbook.
- For more information, contact our residence staff at email@example.com or 416-596-3141/800-387-9066 ext. 3141
Please note: The application deadline for equal consideration for 2022/2023 is July 1. Any applications received after July 1 will be accepted and assessed based on availability. Residence assignments will be known by July 15.
Students may find off-campus housing using other web resources available such as www.viewit.ca and TorontoRentals.com . If you are in one of the MRS programs (Radiological Technology, Radiation Therapy or Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Technology) you can use the U of T off-campus housing finder free of charge. If you are not in any of the MRS programs there is a $20.00 fee for 60 days of access: University of Toronto: Off-Campus Housing
Are you looking for a potential Michener roommate? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added to a roommate list. Just send us:
- Your Name
- The email address you wish to have shared with other Michener students and
- The program and the year you are entering.
You will then be sent a list of other students that are also searching for roommates to share costs with that may be helpful.
If you have found a potential place and want some feedback on the location, proximity to Michener, ease of public transit etc., just email us at email@example.com and we would be happy to provide any information we can.