Your Career Starts Here!
SSN offers full time students a variety of job search related sessions to start their professional careers. Schedule below is tentative, so check back for updates
Assertive Skills for your Health Care Career Certificate Workshop (4 hours)
Dates Fall 2022
Wednesdays October 19, 26 and November 2, 9 2022 @ 12 -12:50
Dates Winter 2023
Wednesdays January 18, 25, and February 1, 8, 2023 @ 1-1:50
You will learn how to:
- Respond assertively to difficult situations
- Manage challenging conversations in a professional manner
- Use managerial level communication skills,
Registration required. Please email email@example.com Enrollment is limited.
Students will receive a SSN Certificate of Attendance to put a shine on their resume.
You must attend all 4 sessions.
How to Write a Targeted Health Care Resume and Cover Letter
Tuesday, January 24th 2023 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Tips on Resumes and Cover Letters and Q and A with UHN Hiring Managers
Registration is not required.
Join Zoom Meeting (This session will be offered virtually and captured on video for anytime viewing!)
Learn tips on how to put a shine on your resume and cover letter and join a Q and A with UHN hiring managers in program-specific breakout rooms.
- Cindy Sudac-Carino (Director, Talent Acquisition)
- Teni Araba (Director, People and Culture)
- and UHN Hiring Managers from Imaging, Radiation Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, MLS and others
See you on Jan 24th
Job Interview Tips, Career Fair Strategies and Q & A with UHN Hiring Managers
Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm (virtual)
Why should you attend?
- Find out what to expect in a health care interview, how to answer “the weakness question”, how to manage stress, and more!
- Learn how to present yourself to an employer, build your network, practice your interview skills, and explore job options at the in-person Career Fair. Useful skills for all years and programs!
- 10 UHN Hiring Managers from all programs Imaging (Rad Tech, Ultrasound, Nuclear), Radiation Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Genetics, DHDA, and more!
will be there. You can ask questions about applying for a job, learn about the culture of the hospitals, and how to shine at an interview.
Cindy Sudac-Carino (Director, Talent Acquisition)
Teni Araba (Director, People and Culture)
and UHN Hiring Managers representing Michener programs
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85437764798?pwd=S2NYUm05Smc5WEhQZXZyNEloODhOQT09
SSN Resources: https://my.michener.ca/wp-content/uploads/SSN/Career_Centre/Preparing-for-Job-Interview-Handouts-2018.pdf
Registration is not required.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recording available by March 13th at https://my.michener.ca/departments/student-success-network/ Scroll down to Career Development Resources
On mymichener.ca click on Career Development Services to find videos, handouts and PP presentations on resume and cover letter writing, job interviews, networking and more.