Important Information before Beginning Your Application
- Applications must be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the intended start date of your CPD activity. (regular business weeks, holidays excluded)
- Application payment: The non-refundable application fee of $500 must be submitted with your application.
- Including a statement on brochures, programs, or any form of advertisement which indicates that accreditation of the CPD activity is pending is not permitted.
Once your activity has been approved, you will receive accreditation statements to use in any advertisements for your CPD activity and on your certificate of attendance. The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada will also advertise your activity on their website. Therefore, early applications are encouraged in order to best promote your CPD activity.
Ready to Apply?
STEP 1: Review all Accreditation Requirements
You will first need to identify which of the following categories your learning activity falls under:
- MOC Section 1: Group Learning
- MOC Section 3: Simulation-Based Program
- MOC Section 3: Self-Assessment Program (SAP)
The category that your activity falls under indicates the type(s) of credits you will be applying for. Each category has a distinct set of accreditation requirements. Please review the accreditation requirements for your activity’s particular category.
STEP 2 (OPTIONAL): Request an orientation meeting.
Once you have reviewed all accreditation information and requirements, you can choose to have an orientation meeting prior to completing the online application. You can have this 1-hour meeting focus on one of the following:
- Overview of the accreditation process and form
- Overview of the CPD planning process, including how to begin planning an educational activity (CPD Planning Template)
- Overview of available resources and services
- A specific aspect of the activity / a specific accreditation requirement (Michener will connect the developer with an expert in this area)
If you would like to book an orientation meeting, please e-mail email@example.com with subject line: “Orientation Meeting Request” and indicate which of the above options you would like your orientation meeting to focus on.
If you feel well-prepared to apply after reviewing all accreditation information, you can choose to forego the orientation meeting and instead skip right to the online application form (see Step 3).
STEP 3: Complete and submit your application form, together with the application payment and all supporting documents.
Once you are comfortable with all accreditation requirements, download and complete the application form. As you complete the application form, please consult the guides and templates provided in the Resources. Once you have completed your application form, please:
- Attach and submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, with all supporting documentation included as attachments.
- Submit your accreditation payment. This payment is non-refundable. Please note: Applications will not be reviewed until accreditation payment has been received.
Visa and MasterCard are accepted. Internal UHN transfers are available upon request.
STEP 4: You will receive a letter of decision within 4 weeks (20 business days) after you submit your application.
The letter of decision will outline whether your activity has been accredited, any conditions attached to its approval, and next steps. You are responsible for addressing any conditions attached to the approval of your activity. If there are gaps in your application you need support in addressing, our team can identify educational experts within our system who may be able to provide you with additional guidance.
See below for more information on What to Expect once you have Submitted Your Application.
What to Expect once You’ve Submitted Your Application
Once you’ve submitted your application form, together with the application payment and all supporting documents:
- You will receive an e-mail from Michener confirming that your application has been received.
- Michener will review your application and generate a Letter of Decision. The Letter of Decision will notify you of the outcome of your review:
- Approval of your activity (with the accreditation statements to include on your certificate to participants)
- Conditional approval of your activity (with all of the required changes outlined within)
- Decline to accredit your CPD activity (with rationale for why accreditation cannot be approved, suggested changes, and an invitation to re-submit your application once you’ve refined your program)
In all cases, the Letter of Decision will outline your next steps.
Michener may take approximately 4 weeks to review your application and generate a Letter of Decision. Your Letter of Decision will be sent to you by e-mail. Should you have any questions while your application is under review, please contact email@example.com.
Responsibilities after your Activity has Been Delivered
- Once you have delivered your CPD activity, you are required to submit the following to Michener:
- The final list of registrants, including their professions
- A summary of your evaluation results
- Maintain all activity documentation, attendance records, and correspondences related to the activity for five years.
- Michener is responsible for the issuance of certificates of completion. A fee of $25/certificate applies.
Michener is now accepting applications for accreditation!
Applications should be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the intended start date of your CPD activity.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.