Michener has many different resources to support you in planning your CPD activity and to streamline your application for CPD / Royal College accreditation. This includes templates that can be modified and adapted for your CPD activity.
As you plan your CPD activity and progress through the application for accreditation, please take advantage of the many resources available to you! Browse our full list below.
- Clinical Educational Development (UHN Educational Development)
- Simulation (The Centre for Learning, Innovation and Simulation)
- Online Education (Continuing Education)
Course Registration and Hosting:
Event/Conference Planning and Registration:
- Accreditation Standards for Group Learning Activities (Section 1)
- Accreditation Standards for Simulation Activities (Section 3)
- Accreditation Standards for Self-Assessment Programs (Section 3)
Sponsorship / Financial and In-Kind Support
- A Guide to Planning an Accredited CPD Activity
- CPD Activity Planning Template (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada)
- UHN’s Competencies for Teaching (available only via secured intranet access at UHN)
- CPD Activity Planning Protocol: From Ideation to Evaluation
Scientific Planning Committees:
- A Guide to Performing a Needs Assessments
- 12 Tips for Conducting Needs Assessments through an Interprofessional Lens (Centre for IPE, University of Toronto)
- Developing Learning Objectives (in development)
Scientific Validity, Objectivity, and Balance:
- Evaluating Information Sources: The CRAAP Test
- Evaluating Scientific Journals: A Rubric for Evaluating a Journal’s Credibility
- Evaluating Journal Articles
- Information Fluency: A Framework
- Certificates for learning activities that have been accredited will be provided directly by the Accreditation Office at Michener. Michener is responsible for issuing these certificates. A $25/certificate fee will be applied, in addition to the $500 accreditation processing and approval fee.
- Clinical Educator Certificate in (Continuing Education)
- ehpic – Educating Health Professionals in Interprofessional Care (Centre for Interprofessional Education)
- Teaching, Learning and Cultural Humility: A Workshop (Contact: UHN International Centre for Education)
Workshops offered by Interprofessional Education-Care & Educational Development (Contact: email@example.com), including:
– Teaching and Learning for Collaboration (TLC)
– Developing Interprofessional Facilitation Skills
– Peer Coaching
– Mentoring relationships: Developing skills to be a mentor and mentee.
– From the Chalkboards to iPads: Teaching across the generations
– Providing Effective Feedback
– Optimizing the Clinical Education Environment: Aligning Student & Clinical Educator Expectations
– Teaching Internationally Educated Learners
– Health Literacy & Interprofessional Communication
Michener is now accepting applications for accreditation!
Applications should be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the intended start date of your CPD activity.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.