What We Do
Reporting to the Senior Director, Learning, Innovation and Research, AER collects, analyzes and interprets data to support internal stakeholders with planning, decision-making, and continuous quality improvement. Applied Educational Research also provides consultative support to Michener faculty and staff engaged in scholarship of inquiry. Some of AER’s primary functions related to these include:
- Conducting and reporting on Michener’s annual Key Performance Indicator Surveys (e.g. Student Satisfaction, Graduate Satisfaction, and Employer Satisfaction)
- Collecting, processing, and disseminating course evaluation results each semester
- Conducting ad hoc research and analysis, including studies that support strategic planning
- Advising Michener faculty or staff about access to institutional data and research ethics for their scholarly work
- Consulting with Michener faculty or staff engaged in scholarly inquiry about research design, analysis, and interpretation
- Consulting with Michener service departments about survey and evaluation design, analysis, and interpretation
To provide timely, accurate, and value-added data, analysis, and information to members of the Michener community in order to support evidence-based decision making and scholarship of inquiry.
Integrated Consultation Service
Applied Educational Research (AER) endeavours to advance a culture of scholarly inquiry by integrating collaboratively with its partners The Centre for Learning, Innovation and Simulation (CLIS) and The Centre for Advancement in Simulation and Education (CASE).
AER is committed to assisting Michener Faculty and Staff with their scholarly endeavours. We provide integrated consultation services in collaboration with CLIS and CASE on scholarly activity, research ethics, and course evaluation. Faculty and Staff are encouraged to contact Applied Educational Research with their project questions.
We can help!
For general inquiries or assistance, get in touch:
Applied Educational Research (AER)
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON M5T 1V4
Phone: (416) 596-3101