Help Support the Next Generation of Health Care Professionals
Since 1958, The Michener Institute has been educating health care practitioners who work in some of the most complex areas of health care. This includes:
- Cardiovascular perfusionists who help keep patients alive during open heart surgeries
- Respiratory therapists who ventilate COVID patients and premature infants when their lungs fail
- Chiropodists who are reducing the rates of diabetes-caused lower limb, foot and toe amputations
- Genetic technologists and medical laboratory technologists who help diagnose cancers and other diseases
- Radiation therapists who provide radiation treatment to cancer patients
As the only college in Canada focused solely on these and other applied health professions, Michener attracts Canada’s most promising and caring students. The vast majority of our students have at least one post-secondary degree, and often carry significant student debt. Many are also supporting their families and trying to work while completing their studies.
Please consider giving the Gift of Education this year … 100% of your gift will be added to Michener’s Scholarship and Bursary fund to be awarded to students with a demonstrated financial need, so they can take their place in the health care system and be there for you when you need them.
Hear about the value of your donations from our student council president
Read About Our Remarkable Students
Monthly gifts are a convenient and reliable way to support our students, and your monthly gift allows you to make smaller donations on an ongoing basis. Donations can be changed or cancelled at any time.
Support Michener students by making a tribute gift today using one of the giving options below:
- In Honour or Special Occasion – Recognizing someone’s birthday, anniversary, graduation or retirement with a donation to Michener is a wonderful way to honour the person, while supporting current students. Michener will send a card acknowledging your donation to the person you are honouring.
- In Memory – Honour a loved one’s memory by donating to a program at Michener. This is a lovely way to acknowledge the loved one and to help others in the future. A card will be sent from Michener informing the family of your donation.
- Create an Award in Honour or in Tribute – Please contact Michener to discuss creating an award or scholarship through a Tribute gift.
Creating your personal legacy in your will through a bequest is a wonderful way to remember and support Michener and our programs. Your bequest may be a specific amount of money or a portion of your estate. Your estate would receive a tax receipt for the bequest.
Gift of Securities
Securities donated directly to Michener are exempt from the capital gains tax that typically apply to the sale of a security. You will receive a tax receipt for the fair market value of the shares on the date the transfer of ownership takes place. A gift of securities can also be done through a will and the estate would receive the tax receipt.
Before deciding on any financial matters, it is best to seek out the advice of a professional financial planner.
Canada Revenue Agency Registration No. 10812-2540-RR0001. Donations of $20 or more will be issued official tax receipts.
We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists and respect your privacy.