Adult Physical Assessment – Virtual Sessions
Virtual(online)- participants will receive email with link to access the Virtual workshop 1 week before scheduled session.
Domestic $275 , International $412.50
1 day- 9AM -5 PM
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN Continuing Education Faculty
An interactive review of assessment skills as they apply to various settings of care from community based to acute care hospital. The course incorporates a case-based simulation to practice which assessment approach is appropriate in given situations such as: transfer of accountability, SBAR communication, acute events, and admission assessments required in different patient care environments.
Upon successful completion of the course, the Learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills to assess the client using IPPA – from head-to-toe approach
- Identify the differences between a systems approach compared to an IPPA approach of assessment
- Demonstrate the skills to assess the client using a systems approach.
- Demonstrate a client assessment and verbalize the appropriate interventions utilizing case based scenarios
- Complete a focused assessment and recognize changes in client status that require intervention
Nurses working in hospital or clinic setting .
This course is also available by contract for on-site delivery. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
Comprehensive Adult Physical Assessment including:
- Data collection utilizing Primary and Secondary Assessment techniques
- How to assess Pain
- Review of the head-to-toe assessment utilizing Inspection, Palpation, Percussion and Auscultation
- Review of a systems approach to assessment incorporating various tests and procedures used in everyday assessment routines
- Review of SBAR communication tool
- Review of a focus assessment in urgent/ emergency situations
Adult Physical Assessment – APA100
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination (2 doses) for all learners is required for all onsite attendance at Michener. Fully online courses do not require proof of vaccination.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.