Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification Completer-Not Available
In class- please see prerequisites
See table below
4 hours- Start and end times dependant on course location. Please see prerequisites for important course details and information.
Dr. Vu Kiet Tran, MD, FRCPC (Medical Director)
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
• Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
• Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
• Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
• Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
• Recognize and initiate early management of ACS, including appropriate disposition
• Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
• Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
• Written examination is repeated during the Completer course.
• HSF Completer Session Part 2: Hands-on skills practice; must be completed within 60 days of completing Part 1
• HSF Completer Session Part 3: Evaluation session. Skills testing must be completed within 60 days of completing Part 1. Completion of megacode test must be completed in a team setting; evaluation of a single student in the megacode is not acceptable.
Healthcare professionals responding to cardiopulmonary emergencies and working in critical care environments; such as physicians, nurses, respiratory technologists and paramedics.
This course is also available by contract for on-site delivery. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
• HeartCode® Part 1 ACLS certificate of completion – Purchase a key for Part 1 (online) from Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario(HSFO)-Complete Part 1 online, including the online examination -Print the completion certificate for Part 1
• HSF BLS for HCP (C) Card issued within 12 months (demonstration of competency at the course). Please see HSF for information: https://resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca/sites/default/files/downloads/National/Certification_Card_Guide_EN.pdf
• HSF ACLS course completion card issued within 24 months of completer course date
• Ability to identify ECG rhythms- for those who wish to review/test their ECG interpretation skills please go to ECG STAT Test
• Registration with Heart and Stroke for your Heart and Stroke Id Number -if you do not have a HFS#/account already.
• Knowledge of primary pharmacology specific to cardiopulmonary emergencies
NOTE: Upon successful completion of HeartCode® ACLS Part 1, students will be instructed to print a copy of their official completion certificate. You must fax this certificate to Michener along with you valid BLS certificate a minimum of 2 weeks before the date of your completer course.
Heart and Stroke criteria for taking ACLS state that you must have successfully completed a BLS for Health Care Provider (C) course in accordance with current guidelines, be actively using BLS skills on a regular basis and demonstrate competence in performing CPR. Hence we require demonstration of competence for successful completion of the course.
Text book: Not included in course fee. ACLS Provider Manual (2010), and HSFC Handbook of Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers , available from Training Materials HSF Courses, or University of Toronto bookstore.
Registration does not guarantee success.
The most common reason(s) that students are unsuccessful are either lack of preparation prior to the ACLS course and or lack of ECG interpretation skills. Registration in this course does not guarantee success. In the event that you are not successful, the Course Director will recommend at the end of the course that you repeat an entire classroom session on another date (you will be responsible for the entire tuition fee). Unsuccessful participants will not receive a refund of course fees.
Disclaimer: Please note you will be tested on the information that can be found in the 6th Edition ACLS Manual. The link provided to the ECG STAT test is an additional study resource and does not replace the 6th Edition ACLS Manual (required reading).
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|No sections are currently available for this course.|