ACLS Recertification and Basic Life Support Renewal Dual Certification
Please see fee schedule below
Dr. Marcos Silva, MD, FRCPC (Medical Director)
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of ACS, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Written evaluation (open book- multiple choice)
- Hands-on skills practice- please download heartisense student (free APP) – this is used as feedback mechanism during the course
- Practical skills testing
Registration does not guarantee success.
As instructors we would like to see everyone succeed at the ACLS course, however not everyone is successful. The most common reason(s) that students are unsuccessful are lack of preparation prior to the ACLS course and or lack of ECG interpretation skills. Registration in this course does not guarantee success. In the event that you are not successful, the Course Director will recommend at the end of the course that you repeat an entire classroom session on another date (you will be responsible for the entire tuition fee). Unsuccessful participants will not receive a refund of course fees.
Disclaimer: Please note you will be tested on the information that can be found in the 2015 Edition ACLS Manual. The link provided to the ECG STAT test is an additional study resource and does not replace the 2015 Edition ACLS Manual (required reading).
Healthcare professionals responding to cardiopulmonary emergencies and working in critical care environments; such as physicians, nurses, respiratory technologists and paramedics.
This course meets the accreditation criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved for MAINPRO+ Certified Group Learning Activity Category credits. Please see CFPC for details.
This course meets the accreditation criteria (MOC) with The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) and has been approved for MOC, Section 2 credits. Please contact RCPSC for information.
Funding maybe available for RNAO members. Please contact RNAO for information.
This course is also available by contract for on-site delivery. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Please note : this course is a dual certification- BLS renewal and ACLS Recertification. You must attend all components of the course.
BLS Renewal Prerequisites:
- Textbook: Not included in course fee. BLS Providers 2015 manual (RE3310E)- purchase on the HSF site: SHOP
- Download free APP : heartisense student required
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS (taken within the last 12 months). If your BLS card has expired or was issued by another organization other than HSF you may still attend the course if you complete the HSF online BLS Challenge.
- It is critical that learners come prepared. The BLS Renewal course is fast-paced, assumes learners have retained the cognitive knowledge and can demonstrate skills mastery. there will be limited practice and limited opportunities for remedial coaching.
- Learners who are not successful in passing the skills test or knowledge test will have to take a full BLS Provider course.
- Identify ECG rhythms– For those who wish to test/review their ECG interpretation skills please go to ECG STAT Test.
Knowledge of primary pharmacology
Registration – Heart and Stroke for your Heart and Stroke Id Number – if you do not have a HSF#
- Completion- ACLS Pre Course Test
- HSF ACLS card issued within 24 months.
- Textbook: Not included in course fee. ACLS Provider Manual (2015) and HSFC Handbook of Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers (2015) can be purchased: HSF Shop
- APP heartisense student required (free APP).
Please note: Heart and Stroke criteria for taking ACLS state that you must have successfully completed a HSF BLS Provider course in accordance with current guidelines, be actively using BLS skills on a regular basis and demonstrate competence in performing CPR.
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|RS833-Y03||ACLS Recertification and BLS Renewal Dual Certification||Workshop||$339.00||May-08-2021 to May-08-2021||Open|