Basic Life Support (CPR) Renewal
See table below
2.5 hours (5:00 pm- 7:30 pm)
Heart and Stroke certified Instructors
As a healthcare professional, you will be prepared to recognize several life-threatening emergencies and be able to:
• Perform CPR.
• Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
• Relieve choking in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
• Perform rescue skills in adult, child, and infant patients in both the out-of-hospital and in-hospital settings.
• Written examination
• Practical skills evaluation
Healthcare professionals and students of healthcare professions. BLS Renewal is a fast-paced course that allows the experienced BLS provider ( those who are confident in their BLS skills through regular use in their work in the ED, CCU, ICU on code team, or paramedics and first responders) the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge through written and skills assessment in a concentrated program.
This course is also available by contract for on-site delivery. Please email email@example.com for information.
- Registration with Heart and Stroke for your Heart and Stroke Id Number -if you do not have a HSF#/account already.
- Textbook: Not included in course fee. BLS Providers 2015 manual (RE3310E), which is available at: University of Toronto bookstore or Training Materials HSF Courses .
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS completion card (taken within the last 12 months, current to the most recent Guidelines release). If your BLS card has expired or was issued by another organization other than HSF you may still attend the course if you complete the HSF online BLS Challenge and bring the challenge certificate to the course.
- To access the HSF BLS online challenge log into your HSF account /portal , under Training Resources Tab you will see the link to BLS Challenge.
- It is critical that learners come prepared. The BLS Renewal course is fast-paced, assumes learners have retained the cognitive knowledge and can demonstrate skills mastery. there will be limited practice and limited opportunities for remedial coaching.
- Learners who are not successful in passing the skills test or knowledge test will have to take a full BLS Provider course.
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|CR803-Y013||HSF Basic Life Support Renewal 5pm-7:30pm, Room TBA||Workshop||$59.00||Jul-26-2019 to Jul-26-2019||Open|