Basic Life Support (CPR) Renewal
2.5 hours (5:00 pm- 7:30 pm)
Heart and Stroke certified Instructors
As a healthcare professional, you will be prepared to recognize several life-threatening emergencies and be able to:
- Perform CPR.
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Relieve choking in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
- Perform rescue skills in adult, child, and infant patients in both the out-of-hospital and in-hospital settings.
- Written examination (open book- multiple choice)
- Practical skills evaluation- use of free APP- heartisense student as feedback mechanism
Healthcare professionals and students of healthcare professions. BLS Renewal is a fast-paced course that allows the experienced BLS provider ( those who are confident in their BLS skills through regular use in their work in the ED, CCU, ICU on code team, or paramedics and first responders) the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge through written and skills assessment in a concentrated program.
This course is also available by contract for on-site delivery. Please email email@example.com for information.
- Registration with Heart and Stroke for your Heart and Stroke Id Number
- Download free APP: CPR add-on kit student
- Textbook: Not included in course fee. BLS Providers 2020 manual (RE3410), which is available at:
- University of Toronto bookstore or login to your HSF Account and go to SHOP (bottom of the page) .
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS card (taken within the last 12 months)
- If your BLS card has expired or was issued by another organization other than HSF you may still attend the course if you complete the HSF online BLS Challenge and email the challenge certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org before the course.
- To access the HSF BLS online challenge log into your HSF account and use the link to BLS Challenge.
- It is critical that learners come prepared. The BLS Renewal course is fast-paced, assumes learners have retained the cognitive knowledge and can demonstrate skills mastery. there will be limited practice and limited opportunities for remedial coaching.
- Learners who are not successful in passing the skills test or knowledge test will have to take a full BLS Provider course.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.