Basic Life Support (CPR)
In class- Please see prerequisites
4.5 hours- 5:00 pm- 9:30 pm
Heart and Stroke certified Instructors
As a healthcare professional, you will be prepared to recognize several life-threatening emergencies and be able to:
- Perform CPR.
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Relieve choking in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
- Perform rescue skills in adult, child, and infant patients in both the out-of-hospital and in-hospital settings.
- Written examination (open book- multiple choice)
- Practical skills evaluation
Upon successful completion of the course your HSF BLS Ecard will be placed in your online HSF account (2 business days after the course date).
Healthcare professionals and students of healthcare professions.
This course is also available by contract for on-site delivery. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Registration with Heart and Stroke for your Heart and Stroke Id Number – if you do not have a HSF#/account already.
- Download free APP- CPR add-0n kit student (required)
- Purchase and review -BLS Providers 2020 manual (RE3410),
- which is available at: University of Toronto bookstore or from HSF website link- SHOP
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.