Basic Molecular Biology Techniques for Health Care Professionals
Domestic: $779International: $999
Continuous enrolment max one year
Explore the techniques of basic molecular biology that are being used in the clinical lab environment
Learn at your own pace and complete this online course within a year.
Topics covered include:
• HGVS Nomenclature
• Deletions, Rearrangements, CNVs and SNPs
• Electrophoresis and Restriction Enzymes
• Basic PCR
• Advanced PCR
• Blotting, Identity Testing
• MLPA, RT-PCR
• Special Techniques
• Equipment and Safety
MLT graduates looking to expand their knowledge of molecular based testing. Molecular testing methodologies have made inroads into every discipline of laboratory medicine. This course should prepare the student to understand the technology and techniques necessary to use molecular testing methods
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.