Basic Molecular Biology Theory for Health Care Professionals
Domestic: $826International: $1074
Continuous enrolment max one year
Explore the foundations of molecular biology in the clinical lab environment
Learn at your own pace and complete this online course within a year.
Topics covered include:
- Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes
- Mitosis and Meiosis
- NA, RNA, and Protein
- The Genetic Code
- Types of Genetic Variation
- Patterns of Inheritance
- Extraction of Nucleic Acids from Various Sample Sources
- Requisition and Laboratory Information Systems
- Molecular Cytogenetics
- Uses of DNA
MLT graduates looking to expand their knowledge of molecular based testing. Molecular testing methodologies have made inroads into every discipline of laboratory medicine. This course should prepare the student to understand the principles and applications implemented in a molecular based laboratory
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination will be required.
Instructions to upload proof of COVID vaccination to Self Service
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.