Clinical Behavioural Sciences
Online – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration
Domestic: $489 International: $635
Continuous enrolment max one year – 3.6 CEU
This online course is designed to aid health care professionals in developing an essential understanding of human behaviour and its applications to effective patient relations and care.
Effective communication strategies, conflict resolution, professionalism and ethics, stress management, temperament, aging and human development, altered body image, death, dying and grief, abuse and harassment and legal aspects of health care are presented in the context of case studies and problem solving activities.
Upon successful completion of the course, the Learner will be able to discuss and explain the aspects of:
- The psychological and sociological implications of stress.
- The causes, manifestations, and strategies for coping and preventing burnout.
- The impact of non-verbal communication relating to healthcare practice.
- Conflict management strategies and how they may be applied effectively.
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs and the characteristics of Normal Human Development
- The role of the health care provider in relation to patients with altered body image.
- clinical and cultural attitudes toward death
- the medical management of the dying patient
- Abuse and harassment in the health care setting
- law as they pertain to medical technologists and technicians
- The importance of, and what constitutes, competent documentation of patient records.
- The actions that must be taken when errors occur and how to prevent errors
- the steps in ethical decision making
Online assignments, final exam.
Anyone working or preparing to work in healthcare
Requirement for Mohawk’s MLA/T program
You will access readings, graded lesson assignments, and the final examination online.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
If you are part of the Mohawk/Michener MLA/T program this course is part of the three courses to be completed through Michener.
If you are registering for this course, please be certain to complete the Immunization Form before registering for CLLT140 and CLLT151.
Immunization documentation and process can take up to 7 months to achieve immunity. Please plan ahead.
• Effective communication strategies
• Conflict resolution
• Professionalism and ethics
• Stress management, temperament, aging, and human development
• Altered body image, death, dying and grief
• Abuse, harassment and legal aspects of health
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|PD807-YE1||Clinical Behavioral Sciences||Online||$635.00||Jul-29-2021 to Jul-29-2022||Open|