Clinical Pharmacology for Chiropodists and Podiatrists
Part A- online, self paced, facilitated
Part B- self directed practice, that is supervised by a physician or healthcare professional licensed to prescribe pharmacological interventions.
Domestic: $1112 International: $1621
This course is intended to provide the educational basis which will enable Chiropodists and Podiatrists to effectively and safely perform the regulated act of prescribing as described in the College of Chiropody of Ontario drug regulation. The course stresses the development of clinically relevant knowledge and sound clinical reasoning skills.
Successful completion of this course is approved to fulfil the educational requirements of the College of Chiropody of Ontario for practitioners who seek to perform the regulated act of prescribing in the province of Ontario.
“Approved by the Council of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario, June 25, 2021.”
Case Studies, assignments, onsite (or invigilated equivalent) examination and successful completion of the clinical/practical component, that will include implementation and follow-up of pharmacological management plans.
Chiropodists and Podiatrists
Once you have completed PART A & B of CHCP800, in order to be granted prescribing privileges by The College of Chiropodists of Ontario, you must:
- Request a formal transcript from The Michener Registrar. The transcript will then be sent directly to the College.
PART A – Didactic:
The 16-week online component provides an understanding of fundamental pharmacological principles and outlines the principles of drug classification based on molecular, cellular, organ and system target, mechanisms of action and therapeutic indications. Articulation of these principles is an absolute pre-requisite as the course then progresses to the subsequent study of clinical pharmacology and systems pharmacology. The mechanisms of action and therapeutic indications of drug on the various morpho-functional systems are analyzed. An integrated approach to drug action is described, based on the assessment of the physiological and pathological processes and therapeutic applications. Identifying these principles and applying them in a systematic manner provides the tools for the therapeutic implementation of an evidence-based drug use.
PART B – Clinical/Practical:
- Successful completion of the didactic component (PART A) is pre-requisite to entering the clinical/practical phase (PART B) of the course.
- You must complete a period of self-directed practice that is supervised (by a physician or healthcare professional licensed to prescribe) with respect to pharmacological interventions.
- During this time, you will be expected to implement and follow-up pharmacological management plans for five patients in your practice.
- The practicum must be completed within 3 months of finishing the 16-week online component PART A.
Clinical Pharmacology for Chiropodists and Podiatrists – CHCP800
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination (2 doses) for all learners is required for all onsite attendance at Michener. Fully online courses do not require proof of vaccination.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.