Diabetes Management in Pregnancy
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
$559 domestic / $838.50 international
Approximately 14 weeks.
Daphna Steinberg RD, CDE, CTDP
Students in the Diabetes Management in Pregnancy course will enhance their knowledge about diabetes management in pregnant women. Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the unique challenges faced by women with pre-existing Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in managing the needs of their pregnancy and the needs of their diabetes, both pre-conception and during pregnancy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Gestational Diabetes, including diagnosis, management and recurrence.
- Explain the importance of preparing for labour and delivery, and the postpartum stage.
- Use communication techniques to effectively communicate with pregnant women who have diabetes.
Diabetes Management in Pregnancy, updated to meet the 2018 Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines, is designed to provide you with the opportunity to expand your knowledge about diabetes management in pregnant women who have Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. Explore the complexities of diabetes in pregnancy including: preconception preparation, management during pregnancy, preparation for delivery and postpartum concerns.
|Evaluation Item||Due Date|
|Online discussions||Week 3-9|
|Online written assignment||Week 11-12|
|Web-based Final Examination||Week 13-14|
This course is for all practicing health professionals with knowledge of diabetes and its management, looking to explore diabetes management in pregnancy. This course will help build on basic knowledge already in place.
Start Date: March 7, 2022
End Date: June 19, 2022
Register By: February 25, 2022
- Working knowledge of basic diabetes care and management
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
Diabetes Management in Pregnancy – DE802
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.