Diabetes Management in Pregnancy
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
$499 domestic / $748.50 international
Approximately 14 weeks.
Daphna Steinberg RD, CDE, CTDP
You will enhance your knowledge about, and explore the complexities of, diabetes management in pregnant women, covering:
- The unique challenges faced by women with pre-existing Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in managing the needs of their pregnancy and the needs of their diabetes, both pre-conception and during pregnancy.
- Gestational Diabetes and Impaired Glucose Tolerance of Pregnancy (IGTP), including diagnosis, management and recurrence.
- Preparing for labour and delivery, and the postpartum stage.
|Evaluation Item||Due Date|
|Online discussions||Week 3-9|
|Online written assignment||Week 12|
|Web-based Final Examination||Week 13-14|
Practicing health professionals with knowledge of diabetes and its management. This course will build on basic knowledge already in place.
- Working knowledge of basic diabetes care and management
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
DE802 Diabetes Management in Pregnancy
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|DE802-WE1||Diabetes Management in Pregnancy||Online||$748.50||Mar-04-2019 to Jun-09-2019||Feb-25-2019||Open|