Diaphragm Ultrasound: Physiology and Technique
Online – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration
Domestic: $403International: $524
This Diaphragm Ultrasound: Physiology and Technique course teaches the learner how to use ultrasound to assess the structure, activity, and function of the diaphragm. The basic anatomy and physiology of diaphragm function is presented, and basic principles of measurement theory pertaining to diaphragm ultrasound are reviewed. The technique and pitfalls of diaphragm ultrasound assessment are presented in detail. Learners will be equipped to evaluate diaphragm structure, activity, and function by ultrasound in the clinical setting.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
1. Describe the physiological basis for diaphragm ultrasound imaging
2. Measure diaphragm thickness accurately by ultrasound
3. Assess patient inspiratory effort during mechanical ventilation using ultrasound
4. Evaluate diaphragm function using ultrasound
Regulated/certified healthcare professionals with point-of-care sonography experience.
Diaphragm Ultrasound: Physiology and Technique – IG814
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination (2 doses) for all learners is required for all onsite attendance at Michener. Fully online courses do not require proof of vaccination.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.