Ethical Issues in Clinical Research
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $799International: $1042
12 weeks – 4.8 CEU
This online course will discuss ethical issues related to clinical research including consent to treatment/decision-making; confidentiality/disclosure; recruitment and remuneration; integrity in research and ethical conflict and decision-making in clinical research. Group discussions, case studies and an individual assignment incorporating a case study will help to develop analytical skills.
• Differentiate between the 2 major ethical theories found in Western culture
• Compare tools for ethical analysis used in clinical practice
• Identify and critically discuss ethical issues in clinical research
• Prepare an analysis of a case study presenting an ethical dilemma in clinical research
Group and individual case study assignments, discussion board postings
Healthcare professionals interested in clinical research
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.