Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
$499 domestic / $748.50 international
Mariam Botros & Heather Orsted
To identify, prevent and treat complications of the feet related to diabetes based on a patient-centered, evidence-based model.
- Recognize the impact of diabetes of the health of Canadians
- Complete a holistic assessment of the person with diabetes to determine their risk of developing foot complications.
- Identify how the pathology of diabetes and identified risks have impacted the health of the person’s foot and/or can interfere with healing of a foot ulcer.
- Develop a plan of care to prevent and/or treat intrinsic and extrinsic diabetes related foot complications.
- Ensure sustainability of care to reduce risk of complications
|Evaluation Item||Due Date|
|Graded Online Discussion||Week 2, 4, 7|
|Assignment (Case Study)||Week 9|
|Web-based Final Examination||Week 10|
Practicing health professionals with knowledge of diabetes and its management. This course will build on basic knowledge already in place.
- Working knowledge of basic diabetes care and management
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
DE808 Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|DE808-WX1||Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach||Online||$499.00||Jan-21-2019 to Mar-29-2019||Jan-11-2019||Closed|
|DE808-SX1||Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach||Online||$499.00||Apr-15-2019 to Jun-23-2019||Apr-05-2019||Open|
|DE808-SE1||Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach||Online||$499.00||Apr-15-2019 to Jun-23-2019||Apr-05-2019||Open|