Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
$529 domestic / $795.50 international
Antonietta Galati RC, BA (KINE), Dip. (MT), D.Pod.M.
Students in the Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes course will learn to identify, prevent and manage complications of the feet related to diabetes based on a patient-centered, evidence-based model. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of diabetes of the health of Canadians
- Complete a holistic assessment of the person with diabetes to determine their risk of developing foot complications
- Identify how the pathology of diabetes and identified risks have impacted the health of the person’s foot and/or can interfere with healing of a foot ulcer
- Develop a plan of care to prevent and/or manage intrinsic and extrinsic diabetes related foot complications
- Ensure sustainability of care to reduce risk of complications
|Evaluation Item||Due Date|
|Module Quizzes||Week 2, 4, 7|
|Graded Online Discussion||Week 2, 4, 7|
|Assignment 1||Week 5|
|Assignment 2||Week 9|
|Web-based Final Examination||Week 10|
Practicing health professionals with knowledge of diabetes and its management. This course will build on basic knowledge already in place.
Start Date: February 7, 2022
End Date: April 17, 2022
Register By: January 30, 2022
- Working knowledge of basic diabetes care and management
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach – DE808
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.