Intensive Insulin Management
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
$499 domestic / $748.50 international
Approximately 12 weeks.
Karen Blekaitis RD, CDE
You will enhance your knowledge of current insulin therapies used by people with both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes with this practical and interactive course.
This course covers:
- Initiation of insulin therapy, titration and pattern management.
- Oral hypoglycemic agent adjustment with the initiation of insulin
- The addition of prandial insulin to basal insulin for those with type 2 diabetes
- Intensive insulin therapy for those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes – starting and adjusting Carbohydrate to Insulin Ratios and Correction Factors.
- Understanding how to use the newest technologies that support diabetes management such as the insulin pump, continuous glucose monitor and glucose flash monitoring system.
- Advanced topics: adjustments for travel and steroids, sick day management and fasting for a procedure.
Interactive case studies will assist in the practical application of the course content.
|Evaluation Item||Due Date|
|Case conference – Part 1||Week 3-5|
|Online written assignment 1||Week 6|
|Case conference – Part 2||Week 7-9|
|Online written assignment 2||Week 10|
|Web-based Final Examination||Week 12|
Practicing health professionals with knowledge of diabetes and its management. This course will build on basic knowledge already in place.
- Working knowledge of basic diabetes care and management
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
DE807 Intensive Insulin Management
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|DE807-WY1||Intensive Insulin Management||Online||$499.00||Feb-11-2019 to May-05-2019||Feb-01-2019||Closed|