Introduction to PET/MRI Technology
ONLINE- login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration
Domestic: $635International: $812
Continuous enrolment max one year - approximately 48 study hours
Robert Miner MSc (NM)
PET/MRI is the newest modality in clinical imaging. The multimodality aspect of PET/MRI has created issues for technologists who lack an education base in PET and MRI. Currently nuclear medicine technologists may be trained in PET but not MRI while MRI technologists are trained in MRI but not PET. The focus of this course is to address this dichotomy. Technologists will gain an understanding of PET, MRI and PET/MRI instrumentation, departmental design and clinical applications.
This course will be evaluated with 2 tests and a final exam. Each test is worth 30%. The exam will cover all the course material and is worth 40% of the final mark.
Healthcare professionals in medical radiation sciences. This course is aimed at all MRTs. A basic knowledge of medical imaging and radiation physics is required.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is delivered in 6 modules.
2. PET instrumentation
3. MRI instrumentation
4. PET/MRI instrumentation
5. PET/MRI department design
6. PET/MRI clinical applications
Introduction to PET/MRI Technology – IG809
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.